Hanging by a thread : Afghan women's rights and security threats
- Dr. Massouda Jalal & Dr. Mario Silva.
- New Delhi : Gyan, 2016.
- Physical description
- 216 pages ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part I. The long struggle for women's rights in Afghanistan: The history of women's struggle in Afghanistan
- Human rights
- Marriage practices and abuses
- Burqa and chador
- The Taliban's ongoing war on women
- Towards enduring peace, democracy and gender equality
- Part II. Afghan's rights and security transition post
- 2014: Summary of operations
- State failure and reconstruction
- Application of international law
- Application of domestic law
- Terrorist threats
- Enduring strategic partnership agreement.
- Women's rights > Afghanistan.
- Women > Violence against > Afghanistan.
- National security > Afghanistan.
- Peace-building > Afghanistan.
- Postwar reconstruction > Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan > Politics and government > 2001-
- National security.
- Politics and government.
- Postwar reconstruction.
- Women > Violence against.
- Women's rights.
- Humanitarian assistance > Afghanistan.
- Publication date
- Sub title should read: Afghan women's rights and security threats.
- 9788121213301 (hardback)
- 8121213304 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: