Polyamines : methods and protocols
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1694||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface... Table of Contents... Contributing Authors... 1. Polyamines in the Context of Metabolic Networks Wegi Wuddineh, Rakesh Minocha, and Subhash C. Minocha 2. Molecules for Sensing Polyamines and Transducing their Action in Plants Tomonobu Kusano, GHM Sagor, and Thomas Berberich 3. Polyamine Metabolism Responses to Biotic and Abiotic Stress Fernando M. Romero, Santiago J. Maiale, Franco R. Rossi, Maria Marina, Oscar A. Ruiz, and Andres Garriz 4. Thermospermine: An Evolutionary Ancient but Functionally New Compound in Plants Taku Takahashi 5. Determination of Polyamines by Capillary Electrophoresis using Salicylaldehyde-5-Sulfonate as a Derivatizing Reagent Takashi Kaneta 6. Detection of Thermospermine and Spermine by HPLC in Plants Taku Takahashi, Ayaka Takano, and Jun-Ichi Kakehi 7. Development of Amine-Oxidase Based Biosensors for Spermine and Spermidine Analysis Cristina Tortolini, Gabriele Favero, and Franco Mazzei 8. Identification of Branched-Chain Polyamines in Hyperthermophiles Ryota Hidese, Wakao Fukuda, Masaru Niitsu, and Shinsuke Fujiwara 9. Analysis of Polyamines Conjugated with Hydroxycinnamoyl Acids by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Coupled to Electrospray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry Laura Torras-Claveria, Jaume Bastida, Francesc Viladomat, and Antonio F. Tiburcio 10. Analysis of Glutathione in Biological Samples by HPLC Involving Pre-Column Derivatization with o-Phthalaldehyde Yongqing Hou, Xilong Li, Zhaolai Dai, Zhenlong Wu, Fuller W. Bazer, and Guoyao Wu 11. Determination of Arginine and Ornithine Decarboxylase Activities in Plants Ruben Alcazar and Antonio F. Tiburcio 12. Determination of S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase Activity in Plants Ruben Alcazar and Antonio F. Tiburcio 13. Determination of Copper Amine Oxidase Activity in Plant Tissues Riccardo Angelini, Alessandra Cona, and Paraskevi Tavladoraki 14. Determination of di-/Polyamine Oxidase Activity in Plants by an In-Gel Spermidine Oxidation Assay Panagiotis N. Moschou 15. Pentamine as a Substrate for Measuring Spermine Oxidase Activity Koichi Takao and Yoshiaki Sugita 16. Spectrophotometric Quantification of Reactive Oxygen, Nitrogen and Sulfur Species in Plant Samples Chrystalla Antoniou, Andreas Savvides, Egli Georgiadou, and Vasileios Fotopoulos 17. Novel Route for Agmatine Catabolism in Aspergillus niger: 4-Guanidinobutyrase Assay Tejaswani Saragadam and Narayan S.Punekar 18. Determination of Transglutaminase Activity in Plants S. Del Duca, P.LR. Bonner, I. Aloisi, D. Serafini-Fracassini, and G. Cai 19. Procedures for ADC Immunoblotting and Immunolocalization for Transmission Electron Microscopy during Organogenic Nodule Formation in Hop Ana Margarida Fortes and Jose M. Segui-Simarro 20. Analysis of the Intracellular Localization of Transiently Expressed and Fluorescently Labeled Copper-Containing Amine Oxidases, Diamine Oxidase and N-Methylputrescine Oxidase in Tobacco, using an Agrobacterium infiltration Protocol Tsubasa Shoji 21. Techniques used for Functional Characterization of Polyamine Transporters Claudio A. Pereira, Melisa Saye, Chantal Reigada, and Mariana R. Miranda 22. Quantitative Trait Loci for Root Growth Response to Cadaverine in Arabidopsis Nicole M. Gibbs, Laura Vaughn Rouhana, and Patrick H. Masson 23. Methods Related to Polyamine Control of Cation Transport across Plant Membranes Isaac Zepeda-Jazo and Igor Pottosin 24. Analysis of DNA Methylation Content and Patterns in Plants Andreas Finke, Wilfried Rozhon, and Ales Pecinka 25. Investigating Ornithine Decarboxylase Post-Transcriptional Regulation via a Pulldown Assay using Biotinylated Transcripts Anh Mai and Shannon L. Nowotarski 26. Analysis of Cotranslational Polyamine Sensing during Decoding of ODC Antiyme mRNA R. Palanimurugan, Daniela Goedderz, Leo Kurian, and R. Jurgen Dohmen 27. Modulation of Protein Synthesis by Polyamines in Mammalian Cells Keiko Kashiwagi, Yusuke Terui, and Kazuei Igarashi 28. Determination of Post-Translational Modifications by 2D-PAGE: Applications to Polyamines Marta Bitrian, Antonio F. Tiburcio, and Ruben Alcazar 29. Generation of EMS-Mutagenized Populations of Arabidopsis thaliana for Polyamine Genetics Kostadin E. Atanasov, Changxin Liu C, Antonio F. Tiburcio, and Ruben Alcazar 30. Transcriptome Analysis of PA Gain and Loss of Function Mutants Francisco Marco and Pedro Carrasco 31. High-Throughput Phenotyping in Plant Stress Response: Methods and Potential Applications to Polyamine Field D. Marko, N. Briglia, S. Summerer, A. Petrozza, F. Cellini, and R. Iannacone 32. Abiotic Stress Phenotyping of Polyamine Mutants T. Berberich, GHM Sagor, and T. Kusano 33. Phenotypic and Genotypic Characterization of Mutant Plants in Polyamine Metabolism Genes during Pathogenic Interactions F.R. Rossi, F.M. Romero, O.A. Ruiz, M. Marina, and A. Garriz 34. Real-Time In Vivo Monitoring of Reactive Oxygen Species in Guard Cells Ky Young Park and Kalliopi A. Roubelakis-Angelakis 35. Genome-Wide Association Mapping Analyses Applied to Polyaminesâ ¨ Luis Barboza-Barquero, Paul Esker, and Ruben Alcazar 36. Polyamine Metabolism in Climacteric and Non-Climacteric Fruit Ripening Ana Margarida Fortes and Patricia Agudelo-Romero 37. Application of Polyamines to Maintain Functional Properties in Stored Fruits Maria Serrano and Daniel Valero 38. Acrolein: An Effective Biomarker for Tissue Damage Produced from Polyamines Kazuei Igarashi, Takeshi Uemura, and Keiko Kashiwagi 39. Polyamines and Cancer Elisabetta Damiani and Heather M. Wallace 40. Potential Applications of Polyamines in Agriculture and Plant Biotechnology Antonio F. Tiburcio and Ruben Alcazar.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493973972 20180312
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume provides readers with a collection of the latest protocols used by researchers to study polyamines (PA). The chapters in this book cover various topics, such as quantification of different polyamines and conjugates, subcellular localization studies, transport, DNA methylation, ODC regulation, genetic and phenotyping analyses, genome-wide association mapping, polyamine applications and cancer. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Polyamines: Methods and Protocols is a useful reference for researchers looking to advance and stimulate their knowledge of polyamines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493973972 20180312
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1694
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
Browse related items
Start at call number: