- S. Marc Breedlove, Michigan State University, Neil V. Watson, Simon Fraser University.
- Uniform Title
- Biological psychology
- Eighth edition.
- Sunderland, Massachusetts : Sinauer Associates, Inc., Publishers, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 28 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP360 .B727 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Behavioral Neuroscience: Scope and Outlook.- 2. Functional Neuroanatomy: The Nervous System and Behavior.- 3. Neurophysiology: The Generation, Transmission, and Integration of Neural Signals.- 4. The Chemistry of Behavior: Neurotransmitters and Neuropharmacology.- 5. Hormones and the Brain.- 6. Evolution of the Brain and Behavior.- 7. Life-Span Development of the Brain and Behavior.- 8. General Principles of Sensory Processing, Touch, and Pain.- 9. Hearing, Vestibular Perception, Taste, and Smell.- 10. Vision: From Eye to Brain.- 11. Motor Control and Plasticity.- 12. Sex: Evolutionary, Hormonal, and Neural Bases.- 13. Homeostasis: Active Regulation of the Internal Environment.- 14. Biological Rhythms, Sleep, and Dreaming.- 15. Emotions, Aggression, and Stress.- 16. Psychopathology: Biological Basis of Behavioral Disorders.- 17. Learning and Memory18. Attention and Higher Cognition.- 19. Language and Lateralization.- Appendix.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605354187 20180403
- Publisher's Summary
- Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition reveals the fascinating relationships between the brain and behavior. It offers a broad perspective, encompassing cutting edge neuroscience, lucid descriptions of behavior, evolutionary and developmental perspectives, and clinical applications of research. The authors have striven in the latest revision to lay bare the neuroscience concepts underlying behavior with concision and clarity. Special Features: Learning is supported by hundreds of original illustrations that make it easy to understand structures, mechanisms, and processes in the brain Every chapter includes a special feature called "The Cutting Edge" that highlights an up-to-the-moment discovery or technical innovation, while illustrating the logic and methodology of experimentation and hypothesis testing Each chapter ends with a unique feature, the "Visual Summary, " a poster-like layout that provides a graphical review of the major topics of the chapter and directs students to the figures and online animations that reinforce each point. The text is supported by a rich array of internet-based resources. Over 500 new citations keep the text current Thorough and reader-friendly, Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605354187 20180403
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Revision of: Biological psychology. 2013. Seventh edition.
Browse related items
Start at call number: