Indefinite inner product spaces, Schur analysis, and differential equations : a volume dedicated to Heinz Langer
- Daniel Alpay, Bernd Kirstein, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Birkhäuser, Springer International Publishing AG, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 495 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; v. 263.
- Operator theory, advances and applications. Linear operators and linear systems.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA300 .I483 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- List of publications of Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Heinz Langer (pages 3-16).
- Editorial introduction / D. Alpay and B. Kirstein
- Biographical material
- List of publications of professor Dr. Dr. h.c. mult : Heinz Langer
- Some pictures from the ceremony
- Heinz Langer : pioneer of operator theory in indefinite inner product spaces / B. Kirstein
- The inverse monodromy problem / D.Z. Arov and H. Dym
- The bitangential matrix nevanlinna-pick interpolation problem revisited / J.A. Ball and V. Bolotnikov
- Finite rank perturbations in pontryagin spaces and a sturm-liouville problem with ... -rational boundary conditions / J. Behrndt and F. Philipp
- On unimodular transformations of conservative L-systems / S. Belyi, K.A. Makarov and E. Tsekanovskiĭ
- Spectral theory of stationary random fields and their generalizations : a short historical survey / G. Berschneider and Z. Sasvári
- Semicircular-like, and semicircular laws induced by certain C*-probability spaces over the finite adele ring ... / I. Cho and P.E.T. Jorgensen
- On the asymptotic behaviour of the zeros of the solutions of a functional-differential equation with rescaling / G. Derfel, P.J. Grabner and R.F. Tichy
- Rational q x q carathéodory functions and central non-negative hermitian measures / B. Fritzsche, B. Kirstein and C. Mädler
- On the spectrum of an operator in truncated fock space / O.O. Ibrogimov and C. Tretter
- Limit properties of eigenvalues in spectral gaps / S. Hassi, H.S.V. de Snoo and H. Winkler
- Self-adjoint boundary conditions for the prolate spheroid differential operator / V. Katsnelson
- An addendum to a paper by Li and Zhang / L. Klotz and C. Mädler
- On accelerants and their analogs, and on the characterization of the rectangular weyl functions for dirac systems with locally square-integrable potentials on a semi-axis / A. Sakhnovich
- Dirac equation : the stationary and dynamical scattering problems / L. Sakhnovich
- Compressed resolvents, Q-functions and ho-resolvents in almost pontryagin spaces / H. de Snoo and H. Woracek
- Dissymmetrising inner product spaces / F.H. Szafraniec.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume, which is dedicated to Heinz Langer, includes biographical material and carefully selected papers. Heinz Langer has made fundamental contributions to operator theory. In particular, he has studied the domains of operator pencils and nonlinear eigenvalue problems, the theory of indefinite inner product spaces, operator theory in Pontryagin and Krein spaces, and applications to mathematical physics. His works include studies on and applications of Schur analysis in the indefinite setting, where the factorization theorems put forward by Krein and Langer for generalized Schur functions, and by Dijksma-Langer-Luger-Shondin, play a key role. The contributions in this volume reflect Heinz Langer's chief research interests and will appeal to a broad readership whose work involves operator theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319688480 20180521
- Publication date
- Operator theory, advances and applications, 0255-0156 ; volume 263. Linear Operators and Linear Systems, 2504-3609
- 9783319688480 (hd.bd.)
- 3319688480 (hd.bd.)
- 9783319688497 (electronic bk.)
- 3319688499 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: