Biomedical membranes and (bio)artificial organs [electronic resource]
- editor, Dimitrios Stamatialis.
- Singapore : World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte Ltd., ©2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (346 p.) : ill. (some col).
- World scientific series in membrane science and technology ; v. 2.
- Stamatialis, Dimitrios.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Controlled drug release systems : mechanisms and kinetics / M Sanopoulou and K G Papadokostaki
- Membranes for artificial kidney / J Vienken
- Advanced blood purification therapies / O de Beek, I Geremia, D Pavlenko and D Stamatialis
- Membranes for artificial lung and gas exchange applications / F Wiese
- Membranes for bioartificial kidney / N V Chevtchik, P Caetano-Pinto, R Masereeuw and D Stamatialis
- Membrane-based bioartificial liver devices / S Khakpour, H M M Ahmed and L De Bartolo
- Are co-culture approaches able to improve biological functions of membrane-based bioartificial livers? / V Pandolfi, U Pereira, M Dufresne and C Legallais
- Membranes for bioartificial pancreas / K Skryzpek, A van Apelddorn and D Stamatialis
- Health economic evaluation during the translation of medical technologies : involving users in the design of bio-artificial pancreas transplantation scenarios for type i diabetes / M IJzerman, T Wissing and E de Koning
- Membranes for regenerative medicine in clinical applications / G Falvo, D Labate and G Catapano
- Membranes for organs on chips / M P Tibbe, L I Segerink, A D van der Meer, D Stamatialis and A van den Berg.
- "This book focusses on the development of biomedical membranes and their applications for (bio)artificial organs. It covers the state of art and main challenges for applying synthetic membranes in these organs. It also highlights the importance of accomplishing an integration of engineering with biology and medicine to understand and manage the scientific, industrial, clinical and ethical aspects of these organs. The compendium consists of 11 chapters, written by world renowned experts in the fields of membrane technology, biomaterials science and technology, cell biology, medicine and engineering. Every chapter describes the clinical needs and the materials, membranes, and concepts required for the successful development of the (bio)artificial organs. This text is suitable for undergraduate and graduate students in biomedical engineering, materials science and membrane science and technology, as well as, for professionals and researchers working in these fields."-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- World scientific series in membrane science and technology ; vol. 2
- Electronic reproduction. Singapore : World Scientific, 
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9789813223974 (ebook)
- 9789813221758 (hbk.)