50 years of engineering in Singapore [electronic resource]
- edited by Tao Soon Cham ; contributions by The Institution of Engineers, Singapore.
- Singapore : World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte Ltd., ©2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (202 p.) : col. ill., col. maps.
- World Scientific series on Singapore's 50 years of nation-building.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "An underpinning force in Singapore's remarkable 50-year transformation into a sophisticated world-class city, engineering has contributed significantly to the nation's economic, infrastructural and social developments. A joint publication by The Institution of Engineers, Singapore, and World Scientific Publishing, to celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday, 50 Years of Engineering in Singapore brings to life the extraordinary engineering feats across multiple disciplines and tells the stories of these exceptional engineers who, with their determinations and courage, turned the little red dot into a jewel of a city. A vibrant record of engineering excellence, the publication traces the goliath challenges impeding the nation's growth over the past five decades, and the engineering innovations that brought about wealth creation, higher standards of living, and enhanced liveability. This compendium covers land transportation (ERP system, MRT and LRT, roads and buses system); water management and engineering; energy (supply and maintenance); manufacturing in the areas of electronics, precision engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical/bio-medical engineering; housing/cities/infrastructure and land use (reclamation and underground); air and sea hub; and telecommunications, ICT and software."-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Fifty years of engineering in Singapore
- World Scientific series on Singapore's 50 years of nation building
- Electronic reproduction. Singapore : World Scientific, 
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9789814632300 (ebook)
- 9789814632287 (hbk.)
- 9789814632294 (pbk.)