Self-consciousness and objectivity : an introduction to absolute idealism
- Sebastian Rödl.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard University Press, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 194 pages ; 25 cm
- Rödl, Sebastian, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-188) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Sebastian Rodl undermines a foundational dogma of contemporary philosophy: that knowledge, in order to be objective, must be knowledge of something that is as it is, independent of being known to be so. This profound work revives the thought that knowledge, precisely on account of being objective, is self-knowledge: knowledge knowing itself.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780674976511 20180319
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780674976511 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 0674976517 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: