Maize kernel development
- edited by Brian A. Larkins.
- Oxfordshire, UK ; Boston, MA : CABI, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 237 pages ; 26 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SB191 .M2 M1223 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1: Kernel Evolution: From Teosinte to Maize 2: Gametophyte Interactions Establishing Maize Kernel Development 3: Endosperm Development and Cell Specialization 4: What Can We Learn from Maize Kernel Mutants? 5: The Basal Endosperm Transfer Layer (BETL): Gateway to the Maize Kernel 6: Aleurone 7: Embryo Development 8: Embryo-Endosperm-Sporophyte Interactions in Maize Seeds 9: Aneuploidy and Ploidy in the Endosperm: Dosage, Imprinting, and Maternal Effects on Development 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Size Regulation during Maize Seed Development: Current Understanding and Challenging Questions 11: Central Metabolism and Its Spatial Heterogeneity in Maize Endosperm 12: Starch Biosynthesis in Maize Endosperm 13: Maize Kernel Oil Content 14: Maize Seed Storage Proteins 15: Determinants of Kernel Sink Strength 16: Natural Variations in Maize Kernel Size: A Resource for Discovering Biological Mechanisms 17: Effects of Drought Stress on Maize Kernel Set.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781786391216 20180403
- Publisher's Summary
- This is an authoritative book that acts as a guide to understanding maize kernel development. Written by a team of experts, it covers topics spanning pre- and post-fertilization events, embryo and endosperm development, grain filling and maturation, and factors influencing crop yield. It explores the significance of maize and other cereal grains, existing hypotheses and research, and important gaps in our knowledge and how we might fill them. This is a valuable resource for researchers of maize and other cereals, and anyone working on basic or applied science in the fields of seed development, plant genetics, and crop physiology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781786391216 20180403
- Publication date
- 9781786391216 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 178639121X hardcover ; alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: