Dove Cottage manuscripts [electronic resource], ca. 1785-1852 1800-1835
- Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital ; [Chicago, Ill.] : Adam Matthew Education [North American distributor], c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Romanticism (Marlborough, England)
- Electronic reproduction of the Dove Cottage manuscript collection. The Dove Cottage manuscripts are considered to be the most extensive collection of Wordsworth manuscripts stored in a single place, and includes all contributing manuscripts to his greatest poetical achievement, "The prelude". The Dove Cottage collection is the primary sequence of poetic and prose manuscripts for determining the history of the poems. The earliest contains lines written by Wordsworth as a school exercise during his days in Hawkshead; it is followed by notebooks of drafts and fair copies, as well as annotated printer's proofs, created during the remainder of his life. The collection includes all four surviving notebooks of the "Grasmere journal" by his sister Dorothy; the earliest surviving version of Coleridge's "Christabel"; and the letter Coleridge sent to Sara Hutchinson, which he later developed into "Dejection : an ode".
- Included Work
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850. Prelude.
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834. Christabel.
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834. Dejection.
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850 > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834 > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Wordsworth, Dorothy, 1771-1855 > Diaries.
- Wordsworth, Mary, 1770-1859.
- Wordsworth, Dora, 1804-1847.
- Hutchinson, Sara, 1775-1835.
- English literature > 18th century > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- English literature > 19th century > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Lake poets > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Authors, English > 18th century > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Authors, English > 19th century > Manuscripts > Facsimiles.
- Authors, English > 19th century > Diaries.
- Lake District (England) > Social life and customs > 19th century.
- Romanticism > England > Sources.
- Lake District (England) > In literature > Sources.
- Publication date
- Romanticism : life, literature & landscape
- Title from Documents Collection list (viewed on Apr. 14, 2012)
- Includes materials by or about: William Wordsworth, Dorothy Wordsworth, Mary Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
- Location of Originals
- Wordsworth Trust