Hyperbolic geometry and geometric group theory
- edited by Koji Fujiwara (Kyoto University) , Sadayoshi Kojima (Tokyo Institute of Technology), Ken'ichi Ohshika (Osaka University).
- Tokyo : Mathematical Society of Japan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 280 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Advanced studies in pure mathematics (Tokyo, Japan) ; 73.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA1 .A3 V.73||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Homological stability of Aut(F[subscript n]) revisited / Mladen Bestvina
- One-ended subgroups of mapping class groups / Brian H. Bowditch
- On the recognition problem for virtually special cube complexes / Martin R. Bridson and Henry Wilton
- Geometric inflexibility of hyperbolic cone-manifolds / Jeffrey Brock and Kenneth Bromberg
- Dipoles and pixie dust / Danny Calegari
- A classification of radial or totally geodesic ends of real projective orbifolds I: a survey of results / Suhyoung Choi
- On suspensions, and conjugacy of a few more automorphisms of free groups / François Dahmani
- Abelian splittings of right-angled Artin groups / Daniel Groves and Michael Hull
- Splitting in orbit equivalence, treeable groups, and the Haagerup property / Yoshikata Kida
- RAAGs in Diffeos / Sang-hyun Kim and Thomas Koberda
- On hyperbolic analogues of some classical theorems in spherical geometry / Athanase Papadopoulos and Weixu Su
- A note on acylindrical hyperbolicity of mapping class groups / Piotr Przytycki and Alessandro Sisto
- Contractability of outer space: reprise / Karen Vogtmann.
- Publisher's Summary
- The 7th Seasonal Institute of the Mathematical Society of Japan on Hyperbolic Geometry and Geometric Group Theory was held from July 30-August 5, 2014, at the University of Tokyo. This volume, the proceedings of the meeting, collects survey and research articles in this fast-growing field by international specialists.This volume is recommended for researchers and graduate students interested in hyperbolic geometry, geometric group theory, and low-dimensional topology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9784864970426 20180205
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Advanced studies in pure mathematics ; 73
- "The 7th Seasonal Institute of the Mathematical Society of Japan took place from 30 July to 5 August 2014 at the University of Tokyo, under the title of 'Hyberbolic geometry and geometric group theory', which was also one of the satellite conferences of the ICM 2014 Seoul. This volume, having the same title as the event, collects papers submitted by speakers and participants."- Preface
Browse related items
Start at call number: