Maize : methods and protocols
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1676||Unknown|
- Lagrimini, L. Mark, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface... Table of Contents...Contributing Authors... Part I Cell, Tissue, and Organ Culture and Maize Transformation 1 Use of In Vitro Kernel Culture to Study Maize Nitrogen and Carbohydrate MetabolismJuliann R. Seebauer and Frederick E. Below2 Agrobacterium- and Biolistic-Mediated Transformation of Maize B104 InbredJennifer A. Raji, Bronwyn Frame, Daniel Little, Tri Joko Santoso, and Kan Wang3 Advances in Agrobacterium-Mediated Maize TransformationHeng Zhong, Sivamani Elumalai, Samson Nalapalli, Lee Richbourg, Anna Prairie, David Bradley, Shujie Dong, Jenny Su, Weining Gu, Tim Strebe, Liang Shi, and Qiudeng Que4 A Brief History of Promoter Development for Use in Transgenic Maize ApplicationsPart II Gene Silencing and Generation of Mutant Populations5 Deletion Mutagenesis and Identification of Causative Mutations in MaizeShangang Jia, Aixia Li, Chi Zhang, and David Holding6 Selective Knockdowns in Maize by Sequence-Specific Protein AggregationCamilla Betti, Joost Schymkowitz, Frederic Rousseau, and Eugenia Russinova7 Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Maize with a Foxtail mosaic virus VectorYu Mei and Steven A. Whitham8 Use of a Virus Gene Silencing Vector for Maize Functional Genomics ResearchTao Zhou, Xuedong Liu, and Zaifeng FanPart III Plant Gene Expression9 Laser-Capture Microdissection of Maize Kernel Compartments for RNA-Seq-Based Expression AnalysisShanshan Zhang, Dhiraj Thakare, and Ramin Yadegari10 Ribosome Profiling in MaizePrakitchai Chotewutmontri, Nicholas Stiffler, Kenneth P. Watkins, and Alice Barkan11 Detection of DNA Methylation by Whole-Genome Bisulfite SequencingQing Li, Peter J. Hermanson, and Nathan M. Springer12 Plant Gene Regulation Using Multiplex CRISPR-dCas9 Artificial Transcription FactorsLevi G. Lowder, Aimee Malzahn, and Yiping Qi13 Cellular and Sub-Cellular Level Localization of Maize Lipids and Metabolites Using High-Spatial Resolution MALDI Mass Spectrometry ImagingMaria Emilia Duenas, Adam D. Feenstra, Andrew R. Korte, Paige Hinners, and Young Jin Lee.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493973149 20180122
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume discusses techniques used for the molecular characterization of maize. This book is divided into 4 parts: cell, tissue, and organ culture and maize transformation; gene silencing and generation of mutant populations; plant gene expression; and plant metabolic networks. The chapters cover a range of topics, such as growing and propagating maize in the laboratory, greenhouse and field studies, screening mutagenic population, characterizing the genome, describing protein and metabolic regulatory networks, and generating transgenic plants for gene knock-out and over expression purposes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Maize: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for everyone who is interested in maize research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493973149 20180122
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1676
- Springer protocols
- 9781493973156 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: