Foundations in microbiology
- Kathleen Park Talaro, Barry Chess.
- Tenth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QR41.2 .T35 2018||Unknown|
- 1. The Main Themes of Microbiology2. The Chemistry of Biology3. Tools of the Laboratory: Methods of Studying Microorganisms4. A Survey of Prokaryotic Cells and Microorganisms5. A Survey of Eukaryotic Cells and Microorganisms6. An Introduction to Viruses7. Microbial Nutrition, Ecology, and Growth8. An Introduction to Microbial Metabolism: The Chemical Crossroads of Life9. Microbial Genetics10. Genetic Engineering: A Revolution in Molecular Biology11. Physical and Chemical Agents for Microbial Control12. Drugs, Microbes, Host--The Elements of Chemotherapy13. Microbe-Human Interactions: Infection and Disease14. An Introduction to Host Defenses and Innate Immunities15. Adaptive, Specific Immunity and Immunization16. Disorders in Immunity17. Procedures for Identifying Pathogens and Diagnosing Infections18. The Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Cocci of Medical Importance19. The Gram-Positive Bacilli of Medical Importance20. The Gram-Negative Bacilli of Medical Importance21. Miscellaneous Bacterial Agents of Disease22. The Fungi of Medical Importance23. The Parasites of Medical Importance24. Introduction to Viruses That Infect Humans: The DNA Viruses25. The RNA Viruses That Infect Humans26. Environmental Microbiology27. Applied and Industrial Microbiology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781259705212 20180213
- Publisher's Summary
- Foundations in Microbiology is an allied health microbiology text with a taxonomic approach to the disease chapters. It offers an engaging and accessible writing style through the use of case studies and analogies to thoroughly explain difficult microbiology concepts.We were so excited to offer a robust learning program with student-focused learning activities, allowing the students to manage their learning while you easily manage their assessment. Revised art and updated photos help concepts stand out. Detailed reports show how your assignments measure various learning objectives from the book (or input your own!), levels of Bloom's Taxonomy or other categories, and how your students are doing. The Talaro Learning Users who purchase Connect receive access to a full online eBook version of the textbook, including SmartBook! New to SmartBook with this edition are learning resources to aid student understanding of content utilizing a variety of learning tools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781259705212 20180213
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781259705212 (alk. paper)
- 1259705218 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: