- Luís Borda-de-Água, Rafael Barrientos, Pedro Beja, Henrique M. Pereira, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer Open, 
- Physical description
- xxx, 320 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH545 .R35 R35 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part 1.- Introduction.- 1. Railway Ecology.- 2. Wildlife Mortality in Railways.- 3. Railways as Barriers for Wildlife: Current Knowledge and Future Steps.- Part 2. Introduction.- Case Studies.- Conclusions.- What's Next? Railway Ecology in the 21st Century.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319574950 20180226
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.This book provides a unique overview of the impacts of railways on biodiversity, integrating the existing knowledge on the ecological effects of railways on wildlife, identifying major knowledge gaps and research directions and presenting the emerging field of railway ecology. The book is divided into two major parts: Part one offers a general review of the major conceptual and theoretical principles of railway ecology. The chapters consider the impacts of railways on wildlife populations and concentrate on four major topics: mortality, barrier effects, species invasions and disturbances (ranging from noise to chemical pollution). Part two focuses on a number of case studies from Europe, Asia and North America written by an international group of experts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319574950 20180226
- Publication date
- 9783319574967 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: