The ethology of domestic animals : an introductory text
- Per Jensen, IFM Biology, Linköping University.
- 3rd edition.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK ; Boston, MA : CABI, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 299 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SF756.7 .E838 2017||Unknown|
- Jensen, Per editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1: The study of animal behaviour and its applications, Per Jensen2: Behaviour genetics, evolution and domestication, Per Jensen3: Behaviour and physiology, Anna Valros and Laura Hanninen4: Motivation and the organisation of behaviour, Georgia Mason and Melissa Bateson5: Learning and Cognition, Michael Mendl and Christine J. Nicol6: Social and reproductive behaviour, Daniel M. Weary and David Fraser7: Play and ontogeny of behaviour, Susan Held8: Introduction to animal personality, Hanne Lovlie9: Abnormal behaviour, stress and welfare, Linda Keeling and Per Jensen10: Human-animal relations, Susanne Waiblinger11: Behaviour of domesticated birds: chickens, turkeys and ducks, Joy Mench12: Behaviour of horses, Daniel Mills and Sarah Redgate13: Behaviour of Cattle, Cassandra B. Tucker14: The behaviour of sheep and goats, Cathy Dwyer15: Behaviour of pigs, Marek Spinka16: BEHAVIOUR OF DOGS, Deborah L. Wells17: Behaviour of cats, John Bradshaw18: Behaviour of Foxes and Mink kept for Fur Production, Anne-Lene Hovland, Leena Ahola, Jens Malmkvist19: The behaviour of laboratory mice and rats, Hanno Wurbel, Charlotte Burn and Naomi Latham.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781786391650 20180226
- Publisher's Summary
- Completely updated, revised and redesigned in colour throughout, this classic bestselling text continues to provide a concise introduction to the important fundamentals of animal behaviour from genetics, physiology, motivation, learning and cognition, through to social and reproductive behaviour, abnormal behaviour and human-animal interactions. - Concise but comprehensive coverage of all the fundamentals of animal behaviour in companion, farm and laboratory animals. - Expert authors and key opinion leaders from around the world provide the latest evidence-based information on animal behaviour and welfare. - A revised layout and design, means it is easy to find key information at a glance, making it an ideal rapid revision tool. - New for the third edition: new chapters on fur animals with the inclusion of more species and expanded sections on canine behaviour. This text remains a highly respected, essential resource for both students and lecturers in animal and veterinary science, animal welfare, zoology and psychology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781786391650 20180226
Browse related items
Start at call number: