Values in early childhood education : citizenship for tomorrow
- edited by Eva Johansson and Johanna Einarsdottir.
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 166 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Towards an ethical praxis in early childhood.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.35 .M67 V35 2018||Unknown|
- Johansson, Eva, editor.
- Jóhanna Einarsdóttir, editor.
- European Early Childhood Education Research Association.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword, T Bertram & C Pascal Preface, E Johansson & J Einarsdottir
- Chapter 1: Values Education in Preschool, Eva Johansson, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Chapter 2: Armchair Pedagogy: Embodying Caring Values in a Preschool Context, Anna-Maija Puroila, Eila Estola, Jaana Juutinen & Elina Viljamaa, University of Oulu, Finland
- Chapter 3: Values Education in Practice in Preschools in Denmark, Anders Skriver Jensen, University College Copenhagen, & Stig Brostroem, DPU, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Chapter 4: Teaching about Fairness in a Preschool Context, Lise-Lotte Bjervas, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Chapter 5: Narratives: Tools for Reflection on Values, Eva Johansson & Monika Roethle, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Chapter 6: Preschool Educators in the Eyes of Children: Roles and Values, Johanna Einarsdottir & Hroenn Palmadottir, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Chapter 7: Getting Dressed in Preschool: Values Education in Daily Routines, Monika Roethle & Kristin Fugelsnes University of Stavanger, Norway
- Chapter 8: Value Conflicts as Important Learning Opportunities, Hroenn Palmadottir University of Iceland, Iceland
- Chapter 9: Play in an Ethnically Diverse Preschool: Conditions for Belonging, Berit Zachrisen, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Chapter 10: Values of Wellbeing and Togetherness in the Early Childhood Education of Younger Children, Maritta Hannikainen, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Dr Eva Johansson is Professor of Education at the Department of Early Childhood Education, University of Stavanger, Norway. Dr Johanna Einarsdottir is a Professor of Early Childhood Education and the Dean of School of Education at the University of Iceland.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Towards an ethical praxis in early childhood
- "European Early Childhood Education Research Association."
- 9781138230699 (hardback)
- 1138230693 (hardback)
- 9781138230705 (pbk.)
- 1138230707 (pbk.)
- 9781315317007 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: