Geometry, dynamics, and foliations 2013 : in honor of Steven Hurder and Takashi Tsuboi on the occasion of their 60th birthdays
- edited by Taro Asuke (The University of Tokyo), Shigenori Matsumoto (Nihon University), Yoshihiko Mitsumatsu (Chuo University).
- Tokyo : Mathematical Society of Japan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 451 pages : illustrations, color portraits ; 24 cm.
- Advanced studies in pure mathematics (Tokyo, Japan) ; 72.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA1 .A3 V.72||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- On deformations and rigidity of the Godbillon-Vey class / Taro Asuke
- Brownian motion on foliated complex surfaces, Lyapunov exponents and applications / Bertrand Deroin
- A paradigm for codimension one foliations / Bertrand Deroin, Dmitry Filimonov, Victor Kleptyn, and Andrés Navas
- Lipschitz matchbox manifolds / Steven Hurder
- Quantum representations of braid groups and holonomy Lie algebras / Toshitake Kohno
- Circle diffeomorphisms, rigidity of symmetric conjugation, and affine foliation of the universal Teichmüller space / Katsuhiko Matsuzaki
- Thurston's h-principle for 2-dimensional foliations of codimension greater than one / Yoshihiko Mitsumatsu and Elmar Vogt
- On Thurston's construction of a surjective homomorphism H2n+1(Bſn, Z) → R / Tadayoshi Mizutani
- A few open problems on characteristic classes of foliations / Shigeyuki Morita
- Several problems on groups of diffeomorphisms / Takashi Tsuboi
- Harmonic measures and unique ergodicity of foliations / Pawel G. Walczak
- On a global estimate of the Diederich-Fornaess index of Levi-flat real hypersurfaces / Masanori Adachi
- Rigidity of certain solvable actions on the torus / Masayuki Asaoka
- Asymptotic properties of MMM-classes / Jonathan Bowden
- Cones of foliations almost without holonomy / John Cantwell and Lawrence Conlon
- Godbillon-Vey invariants for maximal isotropic C2 foliations / Patrick Foulon and Boris Hasselblatt
- Genus one Birkhoff sections for the geodesic flows of hyperbolic 2-orbifolds / Norikazu Hashiguchi and Hiroyuki Minakawa
- Homomorphisms on groups of volume-preserving diffeomorphisms via fundamental groups / Tomohiko Ishida
- Foliations of S3 by cyclides / Remi Langevin and Jean-Claude Sifre
- Rotation number and lifts of a Fuchsian action of the modular group on a circle / Yoshifumi Matsuda
- Actions of groups of diffeomorphisms on one-manifolds by C1 diffeomorphism / Shigenori Matsumoto.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume is an outcome of the conference ``Geometry and Foliations 2013'', held in Tokyo in September 2013, and associated meetings. The volume aims to provide a good overview of present studies as well as some perspective for further studies. It includes B. Deroin's survey on Brownian motions on foliated complex surfaces, which contains many essential results and ideas. Other articles cover a wide range of topics related to foliations and groups of diffeomorphisms old and new; some articles discuss characteristic classes such as Godbillon-Vey class or homotopy theory of foliations while others deal with topological and differential geometrical aspects, particularly in the holomorphic setting. Several articles show the relationship of these topics to geometric group theory. This volume is highly recommended to researchers and graduate students interested in the theories of foliations and related topics such as diffeomorphism groups and geometric group theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9784864970402 20180115
- Publication date
- Advanced studies in pure mathematics ; 72
Browse related items
Start at call number: