- Na'ima B. Robert ; [illustrated by] Shirin Adl.
- London : Frances Lincoln Children's, 2011.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (unpaged) : chiefly color illustrations ; 27 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PR6118 .O215 R36 2011||Unknown|
- Publisher's Summary
- Ramadan, the month of fasting, Doesn't begin all at once. It begins with a whisper And a prayer And a wish. Muslims all over the world celebrate Ramadan and the joyful days of Eid-ul-Fitr at the end of the month of fasting as the most special time of year. This lyrical and inspiring picture book captures the wonder and joy of this great annual event, from the perspective of a child. Accompanied by Iranian inspired illustrations, the story follows the waxing of the moon from the first new crescent to full moon and waning until Eid is heralded by the first sighting of the second new moon. Written and illustrated by Muslims, this is a book for all children who celebrate Ramadan and those in the wider communities who want to understand why this is such a special experience for Muslims.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847802064 20180129
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Originally published: 2009.
- 9781847802064 (pbk.)
- 1847802060 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: