Selenoproteins : methods and protocols
- edited by Laurent Chavatte.
- New York, NY : Humana Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 340 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1661.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1661||Unknown|
- Chavatte, Laurent, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- SECISearch3 and seblastian : in-silico tools to predict SECIS elements and selenoproteins / Marco Mariotti
- Selenoprofiles : a computational pipeline for annotation of selenoproteins / Didac Santesmasses, Marco Mariotti, and Roderic Guigo
- SelGenAmic : an algorithm for selenoprotein gene assembly / Liang Jiang and Qiong Liu
- Selenocysteine tRNA[Ser]Sec, the central component of selenoprotein biosynthesis : isolation, identification, modification, and sequencing / Bradley A. Carlson, Byeong Jae Lee, Petra A. Tsuji, Paul R. Copeland, Ulrich Schweizer, Vadim N. Gladyshev, and Dolph L. Hatfield
- Identification and characterization of proteins that bind to selenoprotein 30 UTRs / Eric M. Cockman and Donna M. Driscoll
- Specific chemical approaches for studying mammalian ribosomes complexed with ligands involved in selenoprotein synthesis / Olga Kossinova, Alexey Malygin, Alain Krol, and Galina Karpova
- In vitro translation assays for selenocysteine insertion / Mark H. Pinkerton and Paul R. Copeland
- Studying selenoprotein mRNA translation using RNA-Seq and ribosome profiling / Brian K. Dalley, Lisa Baird, and Michael T. Howard
- Modification of selenoprotein mRNAs by cap tri-methylation / Anne-Sophie Gribling-Burrer, Gilbert Eriani, and Christine Allmang
- 10 Total selenium quantification in biological samples by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) / Veronique Vacchina and Jean Dumont
- Quantification of SeMet and SeCys in biological fluids and tissues by liquid chromatography coupled to inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (HPLC-ICP MS) / Veronique Vacchina, Katarzyna Bierla, Joanna Szpunar, and Ryszard Lobinski
- Simultaneous speciation of selenoproteins and selenometabolites in plasma and serum / Belen Callejon-Leblic, Gema Rodrıguez-Moro, Tamara Garcıa-Barrera, and Jose Luis Gomez-Ariza
- Radioactive 75Se labeling and detection of selenoproteins / Sun Hee Yim, Ryuta Tobe, Anton A. Turanov, and Bradley A. Carlson
- Nonradioactive isotopic labeling and tracing of selenoproteins in cultured cell lines / Jordan Sonet, Sandra Mounicou, and Laurent Chavatte
- Detection of selenoproteins by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP MS) in immobilized pH gradient (IPG) strips / Jordan Sonet, Sandra Mounicou, and Laurent Chavatte
- Imaging of selenium by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) in 2-D electrophoresis gels and biological tissues / Elisa Castaneda Santa Cruz, J. Susanne Becker, J. Sabine Becker, and Alessandra Sussulini
- Overexpression of recombinant selenoproteins in E. coli / Qing Cheng and Elias S.J. Arner
- Preparation of selenocysteine-containing forms of human SELENOK and SELENOS / Zhengqi Zhang, Jun Liu, and Sharon Rozovsky
- Selenocysteine-mediated expressed protein ligation of SELENOM / Jun Liu, Qingqing Chen, and Sharon Rozovsky
- Monitoring of methionine sulfoxide content and methionine sulfoxide reductase activity / Lionel Tarrago, Emmanuel Oheix, Zalan Peterfi, and Vadim N. Gladyshev
- Selective evaluation of thioredoxin reductase enzymatic activities / Elias S.J. Arner
- Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in selenoprotein genes with cancer risk / Catherine Meplan
- Identification of genetic disorders causing disruption of selenoprotein biosynthesis / Erik Schoenmakers and Krishna Chatterjee.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume aims at providing an update on state of the art methodologies to study various aspects of selenoprotein biology. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Selenoproteins: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493972579 20171227
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1661
Browse related items
Start at call number: