Biology : concepts and investigations
- Mariëlle Hoefnagels, The University of Oklahoma ; media contributions by Matthew S. Taylor.
- Fourth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Physical description
- xxx, 826, A-11, G-18, I-24 pages ; 29 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH307.2 .H64 2018||Unknown|
- 1: Science, Chemistry, andCells1. The Scientific Study of Life2. The Chemistry of Life3. Cells4. The Energy of Life5. Photosynthesis6. Respiration and FermentationUnit
- 2: DNA, Inheritance, and Biotechnology7. DNA Structure and Gene Function8. DNA Replication, Binary Fission, and Mitosis9. Sexual Reproduction and Meiosis10. Patterns of Inheritance11. DNA TechnologyUnit
- 3: The Evolution of Life
- 12. The Forces of Evolutionary Change13. Evidence of Evolution
- 14. Speciation and Extinction15. The Origin and History of LifeUnit
- 4: The Diversity of Life16. Viruses17. Bacteria and Archaea18. Protists19. Plants20. Fungi21. AnimalsUnit
- 5: Plant Life22. Plant Form and Function
- 23. Plant Nutrition and Transport24. Reproduction and Development of Flowering PlantsUnit
- 6: Animal Life25. Animal Tissues and Organ Systems
- 26. The Nervous System27. The Senses28. The Endocrine System29. The Skeletal and Muscular Systems30. The Circulatory System31. The Respiratory System32. Digestion and Nutrition33. Regulation of Temperature and Body Fluids34. The Immune System
- 35. Animal Reproduction and DevelopmentUnit
- 7: The Ecology of Life36. Animal Behavior37. Populations
- 38. Communities and Ecosystems39. Biomes40. Preserving Biodiversity.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Marielle Hoefnagels' passion as a classroom instructor is evident in Biology: Concepts and Investigations, an introductory biology textbook written to explain the general concepts of biology at a level of detail that allows students to understand concepts ratherthan memorize details. New digital resources, upgraded PowerPoint presentations, tutorial animations based on textbook art, upgraded Connect question banks, and adaptive technologies like SmartBook with Learning Resources capitalize on the power of technology to enhance student understanding. Key goals of the book are to:-help the student connect the concepts in thebook to their everyday lives-show connections between ideas within thechapter and to material they have already studied-teach introductory students how to be moreactive learners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780078024207 hardcover alkaline paper
- 007802420X hardcover alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: