Matrix analysis for scientists & engineers
- Alan J. Laub.
- Philadelphia : Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 157 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA188 .L38 2005||Unknown|
- Laub, Alan J., 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-152) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Introduction and review-- 2. Vector spaces-- 3. Linear transformations-- 4. Introduction to the Moore-Penrose pseudoinverse-- 5. Introduction to the singular value decomposition-- 6. Linear equations-- 7. Projections, inner product spaces, and norms-- 8. Linear least squares problems-- 9. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors-- 10. Canonical forms-- 11. Linear differential and difference equations-- 12. Generalized eigenvalue problems-- 13. Kronecker products-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780898715767 20171227
- Publisher's Summary
- Matrix Analysis for Scientists and Engineers provides a blend of undergraduate- and graduate-level topics in matrix theory and linear algebra that relieves instructors of the burden of reviewing such material in subsequent courses that depend heavily on the language of matrices. Consequently, the text provides an often-needed bridge between undergraduate-level matrix theory and linear algebra and the level of matrix analysis required for graduate-level study and research. The text is sufficiently compact that the material can be taught comfortably in a one-quarter or one-semester course. Throughout the book, the author emphasizes the concept of matrix factorization to provide a foundation for a later course in numerical linear algebra. The author addresses connections to differential and difference equations as well as to linear system theory and encourages instructors to augment these examples with other applications of their own choosing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780898715767 20171227
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Matrix analysis for scientists and engineers
- 0898715768 (pbk.)
- 9780898715767 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: