Scourge and satirist
- London, W.N. Jones
- Physical description
- 12 volumes color plates 21 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|(no call number)||In process|
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- Literary, theatrical and miscellaneous magazine
- Monthly exposition of imposture and folly
- Former Title
- Scourge; or, Literary, theatrical and miscellaneous magazine 1814-1816
- Scourge, or monthly exposition of imposture and folly 1811-1813v. 1-6
- Vol/date range
- v. 1-12; Jan. 1811-Dec. 1816.
- Alternative title varies: v. 1-6, The Scourge; or, Monthly exposition of imposture and folly.
- Illustrated by George Cruikshank and others.
- "A complete set contains 68 folding coloured caricature engravings by G.C. [George Cruikshank] and comprises 12 vols."--F. Marchmont, The thre Crukshanks.
- "[John Miford] is said to have edited the Scourge' ... but though he contributed to the last four volumes, it does not appear that he was the editor"--DNB, v. 38.
- Related Work
- Scourge and satirist.
- Scourge; or, monthly expositor, of imposture and folly.
- Scourge; or, literary, theatrical and miscellaneous magazine.