Software maintenance management : evaluation and continuous improvement
- Alain April, Alain Abran.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley Interscience, ©2008.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xx, 314 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 285-299) and index.
- Foreword (Thomas Pigoski) Foreword (Ned Chapin) Preface. 1. Maintenance Issues and Related Management Approaches. 2. Maturity Models in Software Engineering. 3. Foundations of the S3 m(r) Process Model. 4. Process Management Domain. 5. Event/Request Management Domain. 6. Evolution Engineering Domain. 7. Support for the Evolution Engineering Domain. 8. Exemplary Practices-Process Management. 9. Exemplary Practices-Event/Request Management Domain. 10. Exemplary Practices-Evolution Engineering Domain. 11. Exemplary Practices-Support to Evolution Domain. 12. Assessment Process, Assessment Tool, and Case Studies of the Use of S3 m(r) . 13. Summary. Appendix A. Maintenance Standards Models and Enhancement Proposal. Appendix B. Term Assignment for Students. Appendix C. Acronyms and Glossary. References. Index. About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470258033 20171211
- Publisher's Summary
- This book explores the domain of software maintenance management and provides road maps for improving software maintenance organizations. It describes full maintenance maturity models organized by levels 1, 2, and 3, which allow for benchmarking and continuous improvement paths. Goals for each key practice area are also provided, and the model presented is fully aligned with the architecture and framework of software development maturity models of CMMI and ISO 15504. It is complete with case studies, figures, tables, and graphs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470258033 20171211
- Publication date
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 9780470258033 (electronic bk.)
- 9780470258026 (electronic bk.)
- 0470258020 (electronic bk.)
- 0470258039 (electronic bk.)