North China factory [electronic resource]
- directed by Boyce Richardson and Tony Ianzelo.
- English. In English.
- Montreal, QC : National Film Board of Canada, 1980.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (57 min.)
- North China Factory gives the audience a chance to see a factory community in China where over six thousand workers process, spin and weave raw cotton into ninety million yards of high-quality cloth per year. Also seen are the workers' residential, social, recreational and educational facilities, all of which are located on factory property. Highlights of the film are the retirement and wedding ceremonies, in which factory management plays a major part. The film is an engrossing study of a lifestyle that is very different from that of the Western world.
- Publication date
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 25, 2014).
- Previously released as DVD.