Totentanz : operationalizing Aby Warburg's Pathosformeln
- Leonardo Impett, Franco Moretti.
- text file.
- [Stanford, California] : Literary Lab, November 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Pamphlets of the Stanford Literary Lab ; pamphlet 16.
Also available at
- Includes bibliographical references.
- ["Totentanz\" marks a few novelties in the work of the Literary Lab. Thematically, the pamphlet is a study of an art-historical concept, and suggests a possible strategy to pursue quantitative work on visual images. The research was conducted in Switzerland, at EPFL (the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne), where the two authors are involved in digital humanities initiatives; like Pamphlet 14 - which was on film, and was developed at the University of Tartu - this study of Warburg enlarges the spectrum of our interests, and aims at bridging the surprisingly wide gap between computational work conducted in the United States and in Europe."]
- Publication date
- Pamphlets of the Stanford Literary Lab, 2164-1757 ; pamphlet 16