A new counterterrorism strategy : why the world failed to stop Al Qaeda and ISIS/ISIL, and how to defeat terrorists
- Ambassador T. Hamid Al-Bayati, PhD.
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, an imprint of ABC-CLIO, LLC, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 280 pages ; 25 cm
- Bayātī, Ḥāmid, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-265) and index.
- U.S. presidents' counterterrorism strategy
- Why the world failed to stop Al Qaeda
- Why the world failed to stop ISIL/ISIS
- Funding terrorism
- Terrorists exploit the Internet
- Lone wolf terrorists
- Terrorist groups attract foreign fighters
- Terrorists groups' ideology
- Strategy to stop terrorists' funding
- Strategy to stop Internet terrorism
- Strategy to stop lone wolf terrorists
- Strategy to stop foreign fighters
- Strategy for the war of ideology
- Strategy to stop future terrorism
- Conclusion: the new 12-step counterterrorism strategy to defeat terrorists.
- Publisher's Summary
Why is the problem of terrorism-and the emergence of more extreme and more brutal terrorist groups-one that cannot be solved, even after decades of trying? This book, authored by a United Nations Ambassador once imprisoned and tortured in Iraq, diagnoses the shortcomings of present counter-terrorism strategies and lays out an effective new plan for counterterrorism.* Provides a uniquely accurate perspective on extremist terrorist groups from an author who was born and grew up in Iraq, the same culture and environment where ISIL was born, and who understands the mentality of terrorists and the way they misinterpret Islam to brainwash and recruit people, especially youth* Assesses the counterterrorism strategies before and after the attacks of September 11, explains why they failed to stop terrorists, and identifies the lessons to be learned* Underscores the grim reality that terrorism is a threat for everyone, and accordingly, it behooves all citizens to press for reforms and changes in counterterrorism strategy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "Praeger Security International."
- 9781440846878 (alk. paper)
- 1440846871 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: