A little book of birds
- [Saint Paul, Minnesota] : Midnight Paper Sales, 2017.
- Physical description
- 48 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .S34 L58 2017||In-library use|
- Publication date
- "Printed in an edition of one hundred."--Colophon.
- "Nine birds who happened to come by the studio late one winter to eat sumac berries, printed from multiple color blocks by GS."--Publisher's website.
- "9 multi-color wood engravings by Gaylord Schanilec and a wood engraving by Thomas Bewick, all printed from the original blocks. Signed by GS, with a slight poem by him hand-set in Bodoni metal type. The duplex paper covers are made of Degener Black and O'Malley Crackle papers, in tribute to the Ladies of the Cave. ... The idea of birds captive within unopened pages was originally intended as a challenge for book collectors—to open the unopened pages—or not.."--Publisher's website.
- Issued in a slipcase with illustration on spine.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy number 19/100, signed by the artist.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: