Olivier Messiaen : a research and information guide
- Vincent P. Benitez.
- Second edition.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 366 pages ; 24 cm.
- Routledge music bibliographies.
|ML134 .M54 B46 2018||In-library use|
- Benitez, Vincent Perez, 1955- compiler.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Chapter 1: Messiaen Studies and Bibliographies A Discussion of Messiaen Studies Messiaen Bibliographies Chapter 2: Primary Sources I: Fonds Olivier Messiaen - Bibliotheque nationale de France/Richelieu, Library of Congress and Symphony Orchestra Archives, Other Collections Fonds Olivier Messiaen - VM FONDS 30 MES - Bibliotheque nationale de France/Richelieu Cahiers de notations de chants d'oiseaux Musical Works of Olivier Messiaen Pedagogical Works Compositional Notebooks Selected Correspondence Diaries Other Materials Library of Congress and Symphony Orchestra Archives Other Collections - Library and Private Chapter 3: Primary Sources II: Articles and Reviews, Pedagogical Works, and Lectures and Librettos Articles, Essays in Collected Editions, Reviews, and Other Materials by Messiaen Pedagogical Works Lectures and Librettos Chapter 4: Primary Sources III: Prefaces to Works, Interviews, Published Correspondence-- and Documentaries and Filmed Performances Prefaces to Works, Articles/Special Issues, and Books Interviews Published Correspondence and Dedicatory Notes Documentaries and Filmed Performances Chapter 5: Biographical and Stylistic Studies General Studies of Messiaen's Life and Music, Style, and Aesthetics Specialized Discussions of Messiaen's Music Essay Collections, Program Booklets, and Special Periodical Issues Devoted to Messiaen General Biographical, Historical, and Stylistic Discussions of Messiaen and His Music in Articles and Essays in Collected Editions Chapter 6: Topical Studies Analytical and Theoretical Studies of Messiaen's Music Birdsong Instrumental, Orchestral, Choral, and Vocal Music Organ Music Piano Music Improvisation Religion Teaching Chapter 7: Studies of Particular Works Opera Orchestral Works Chamber Works Organ Works Piano Works Vocal and Choral Works Electronic Works Chapter 8: Accounts of Messiaen and His Work in Sources Devoted to Other Topics Articles and Essays in Collections Books Dissertations and Other Unpublished Documents Dictionary and Encyclopedia Articles Appendix: List of Musical Works by Olivier Messiaen I. Opera II. Orchestral Works III. Chamber and Instrumental IV. Organ V. Piano VI. Vocal and Choral VII. Electronic/Stage Music Index of Names and Subjects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138106505 20171121
- Publisher's Summary
- Olivier Messiaen: A Research and Information Guide, Second Edition presents researchers with the most significant and helpful resources on Olivier Messiaen, one of the twentieth century's greatest composers. With multiple indices, this annotated bibliography will serve as an excellent tool for librarians, researchers, and scholars sorting through the massive amount of material in the field. The second edition has been fully revised and updated.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138106505 20171121
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Routledge music bibliographies
- Previous edition published in 2008.
- 9781138106505 (hardback)
- 113810650X (hardback)
- 9781315101460 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: