Introduction to environmental toxicology : molecular substructures to ecological landscapes
- by Wayne Landis, Ruth M. Sofield, Ming-Ho Yu.
- Fifth edition.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Physical description
- xx, 470 pages ; 27 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH545 .A1 L35 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter One: Introduction to Environmental Toxicology. Chapter Two: Frameworks and Paradigms for Environmental Toxicology. Chapter Three: Overview of Toxicity Testing Methods. Chapter Four: The Analysis of Exposure-Response. Chapter Five: The Fate and Transport of Contaminants. Chapter Six: Uptake and Modes of Action. Chapter Seven: Modification in Toxic Responses, Mixtures and Climate Change. Chapter Eight: Inorganic Gaseous Pollutants. Chapter Nine: Fluoride as a Contaminant of Developing Economies. Chapter Ten: Metals. Chapter Twelve: Biotransformation, Detoxification, and Biodegradation. Chapter Thirteen: Ecological Effects from Biomarkers to Populations. Chapter Fourteen: Ecological Effects: Community to Landscape Scales of Toxicological Impacts. Chapter Fifteen: Ecological Risk Assessment. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781498750424 20171204
- Publisher's Summary
- The fifth edition includes new sections on the use of adverse outcome pathways, how climate change changes how we think about toxicology, and a new chapter on contaminants of emerging concern. Additional information is provided on the derivation of exposure-response curves to describe toxicity and they are compared to the use of hypothesis testing. The text is unified around the theme of describing the entire cause-effect pathway from the importance of chemical structure in determining exposure and interaction with receptors to the use of complex systems and hierarchical patch dynamic theory to describe effects to landscapes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781498750424 20171204
- Publication date
- 9781498750424 hardcover
- 1498750427 hardcover
- 9781498750448 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: