The Routledge handbook of metaethics
- edited by Tristram McPherson and David Plunkett.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 697 pages ; 26 cm.
- Routledge handbooks in philosophy.
At the library
Philosophy Library (Tanner)
On reserve at Tanner Library
|BJ21 .R685 2018|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents Contributors Acknowledgements Preface Introduction: The Nature and Explanatory Ambitions of Metaethics Tristram McPherson, and David Plunkett I. ã ã ã ã ã ã Central Organizing Options in Metaethics Non-Naturalistic Realism in Metaethics David Enoch Naturalistic Realism in Metaethics Peter Railton Error Theory in MetaethicsJonas Olson Fictionalism in MetaethicsRichard Joyce Metaethical Expressivism Elisabeth Camp Metaethical Contextualism Alex Silk Metaethical Relativism Isidora Stojanovic II.ã ã ã Central Problems and Strategies in Metaethics Realism and Objectivity Billy Dunaway Metaphysical Relations in Metaethics Gideon Rosen The Supervenience Challenge to Non-Naturalism Pekka Vayrynen Vagueness and Indeterminacy in Ethics Tom Dougherty Deontic Modals Jennifer Carr Thick Concepts Debbie Roberts The Frege-Geach Problem Jack Woods Hybrid Accounts of Ethical Thought and Talk Teemu Toppinen Conceptual Role Accounts of Meaning in Metaethics Matthew Chrisman The Significance of Ethical Disagreement for Theories of Ethical Thought and Talk Gunnar Bjornsson Cognitivism and Non-Cognitivism Matthew S. Bedke Ethical Judgment and Motivation David Faraci and Tristram McPherson Reasons Internalism Errol Lord and David Plunkett The Wrong Kind of Reasons Howard Nye Mind-Dependence and Moral Realism Connie S. Rosati Constitutivism Michael Smith Constructivism Melissa Barry Normativity and Agency Hille Paakkunainen Mores and Morals: Metaethics and the Social World Kenneth Walden The Autonomy of Ethics Barry Maguire Explanatory Challenges in Metaethics Joshua Schechter Ethical Expertise Karen Jones and Francois Schroeter Intuitionism in Moral Epistemology Elizabeth Tropman Moral Scepticism Matt Lutz and Jacob Ross The Epistemic Significance of Moral Disagreement Dustin Locke III. The status and methodology of metaethics Metasemantics and Metaethics Laura Schroeter and Francois Schroeter Conceptual Analysis in Metaethics Nicholas Laskowski and Stephen Finlay Ethics and Morality Stephen Darwall The Varieties of Normativity Derek Baker Pragmatism and Metaethics Andrew Sepielli Feminism and Metaethics Amia Srinivasan Experimental Philosophy and Moral Theory Chandra Sripada Quasi-realism Terence Cuneo Metaethical Quietism Karl Schafer and Doug Kremm Methodological Naturalism in Metaethics ã Daniel Nolan Normative Ethics and Metaethics ã Mark Schroeder Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138812208 20171023
- Publisher's Summary
- This Handbook surveys the contemporary state of the burgeoning field of metaethics. Forty-three chapters, all written exclusively for this volume, provide expert introductions to: the central research programs that frame metaethical discussions the central explanatory challenges, resources, and strategies that inform contemporary work in those research programs debates over the status of metaethics, and the appropriate methods to use in metaethical inquiry This is essential reading for anyone with a serious interest in metaethics, from those coming to it for the first time to those actively pursuing research in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138812208 20171023
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Routledge handbooks in philosophy
- 9781138812208 hardcover
- 113881220X hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: