Fundamentals of patenting and licensing for scientists and engineers
- Matthew Y. Ma.
- Second edition.
- Singapore : World Scientific, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxv, 336 pages) : illustrations
- Ma, Matthew Y., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 323-324) and index.
- The Basics: Introduction-- Key Conceptions in Patent Protection-- What You Should Know About Patent Laws and Rules-- Fundamentals in Patenting: How to Read a Patent-- Innovation Harvesting-- Preparations Before Filing-- Essentials in Patent Filing-- Patent Prosecution and Post Granting: Patent Prosecution-- Tactics for Overcoming Rejections-- Post Patent Granting-- Business Perspectives and Beyond: Patent Protection and Beyond-- Patent Evaluation and Patent Maintenance-- Patent Sales, Licensing and Common Practices-- Patent Valuation-- Patent Search-- How to File a Provisional Patent Yourself: Preparing Your Provisional Application-- Filing Provisional Application Online.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This comprehensive book is the first of its kind to take scientists and engineers beyond simply getting a patent granted. Through the author's extensive technical background and experience in intellectual property licensing, it ties the many technical, legal and business aspects of patent enforcement to the innovation and patenting stage in the patent value chain, with the objective of helping inventors to create valuable patents that can be capitalized.In easy-to-understand language, this book covers various aspects, including basic concepts of patent laws and rules, innovation protection, patenting, patents post-granting and patent licensing. With over 40 tables, 70 figures, nearly 100 cases and examples, and a comprehensive index table, it serves as a practical handbook for inventors and patent practitioners.This second edition incorporates the latest changes in the America Invents Act (AIA), with additional case studies and illustrations throughout the book. For inventors who want to file patents by themselves, this new edition provides guidelines and step-by-step instructions on preparing and filing a US provisional patent application, while avoiding the pitfalls that commonly occur in do-it-yourself patenting.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title from PDF title page (viewed March 17, 2015).
- Electronic reproduction. Singapore : World Scientific, . Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view PDF file.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9789814452540 electronic book
- 9814452548 electronic book