- Amy Emberling & Frank Carollo ; photographs by Antonis Achilleos.
- San Francisco : Chronicle Books, 
- Physical description
- 255 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Setting the stage for successful backing
- Getting started and creating our mission
- Creating a great place to work : people matter!
- The flow of our days
- The flow of the year : seaons and holidays
- Baking through eating fads and diet obsessions
- Unexpected successes, surprising controversies, and stunning flops
- Our next vision.
This is the definitive recipe book and behind-the-scenes look at Zingerman's Bakehouse, a popular artisanal bakery in Ann Arbor, Michigan and supplier of baked goods to Zingerman's Deli and Zingerman's Mail Order. The book includes 65 meticulously tested favorite recipes from the Bakehouse, ranging from simple baking projects such as brownies to their famous rye and farm-style breads, and their never-before-published recipe for sour cream coffee cake. The book is structured chronologically, with headnotes and sidebars that follow the narrative arc of building the business, perfecting favorite recipes, and responding to trends. More than 60 photographs capture the delicious baked goods and the atmosphere of the Bakehouse, and colour illustrations add whimsy and visual branding to the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes indexes.
- 9781452156583 hardcover alkaline paper
- 1452156581 hardcover alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: