Constitutional & administrative law
- Hilaire Barnett.
- Twelfth edition.
- London ; New York : Routlege, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- lxx, 779 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Barnett, Hilaire author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introducing constitutional law
- Sources of the Constitution
- The rule of law
- The separation of powers
- The royal prerogative
- Parliamentary sovereignty
- Structures and institutions of the European Union
- European Union law and national law
- Central government
- Responsible government
- Devolution and local government
- The electoral system
- Introduction to the House of Commons
- The legislative process
- Scrutiny of executive
- The House of Lords
- Parliamentary privilege
- The protection of human rights
- Freedom of expression and privacy
- Freedom of association and assemby
- State security
- Judges and the English legal system
- Judicial review : introduction, jurisdiction, and procedure
- Grounds for judicial review I : the substantive grounds for judicial review
- Grounds for judicial review II : procedural impropriety
- Tribunals and inquiries
- Commissioners for administration : Ombudsmen.
Hilaire Barnett's Constitutional and Administrative Law has provided generations of students with reliable, accessible and comprehensive coverage of the Public Law syllabus. Mapped to the common course outline, it equips students with an understanding of the constitution's past, present and future by analysing and illustrating the political and socio-historical contexts which have shaped the major legal rules and principles of public law, as well as on-going constitutional reform. The 12th edition will address key recent developments including: The referendum result on the UK's membership of the EU and its ongoing impact on constitutional and administrative law The continuing process of devolution to the nations Terrorism and national security Future developments, particularly in relation to 'Brexit' will be discussed in regular updates to the companion website.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Constitutional and administrative law
- 9781138208766 hardcover
- 1138208760 hardcover
- 9781138208797 paperback
- 1138208795 paperback
- 9781315458366 adobe reader
- 1315458365 adobe reader
- 9781315458359 electronic publication
- 9781315458342 mobipocket
- 1315458349 mobipocket
Browse related items
Start at call number: