Patterns and interpretation
- Franco Moretti.
- text file.
- [Stanford, California] : Literary Lab, September 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : color illustrations.
- Pamphlets of the Stanford Literary Lab ; pamphlet 15.
Also available at
- Moretti, Franco, 1950- author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- ["\"One thing for sure: digitization has completely changed the literary archive. People like me used to work on a few hundred nineteenth-century novels; today, we work on thousands of them; tomorrow, hundreds of thousands. This has had a major effect on literary history, obviously enough, but also on critical methodology; because, when we work on 200,000 novels instead of 200, we are not doing the same thing, 1,000 times bigger; we are doing a different thing. The new scale changes our relationship to our object, and in fact it changes the object itself\"--Page 1."]
- Publication date
- Pamphlets of the Stanford Literary Lab, 2164-1757 ; pamphlet 15