Sittig's handbook of toxic and hazardous chemicals and carcinogens
- Richard P. Pohanish.
- Seventh edition.
- Kidlington, Oxford, United Kingdom : William Andrew is an imprint of Elsevier, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 3 volumes (xxvii, 3415 pages) ; 29 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|RA1215 .S58 2017 V.1||New books shelf|
|RA1215 .S58 2017 V.2||New books shelf|
|RA1215 .S58 2017 V.3||New books shelf|
- Pohanish, Richard P., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface How to Use This Book Key to Abbreviations, Symbols, and Acronyms Chemicals A to Z General Guide to Chemical Resistant Gloves Bibliography Appendix 1: Oxidizing Materials Appendix 2: Carcinogens Appendix 3: Glossary Appendix 4: European/international Hazard codes, Risk Phrases, and Safety Phrases Appendix 5: Synonym and Trade Name Index-Cross Index Appendix 6: CAS Number-Cross Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780323389686 20171017
- Publisher's Summary
- Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens, Seventh Edition, has proven to be a reliable, accessible, must-have reference on hazardous materials for over thirty years. This updated and revised seventh edition is the most comprehensive listing of the hazardous chemicals commonly used, transported, and regulated in industry and the workplace. Information is the most vital resource anyone can have when dealing with potential hazardous substance accidents, spillages, fires, or acts of terror. It is also essential for the safe day-to-day operation of chemical processes and environmental protection. Sittig's Handbook provides extensive data for over 2,200 chemicals in a uniform format, enabling fast and accurate decisions in any situation. The chemicals are presented alphabetically and classified as a carcinogen, hazardous substance, hazardous waste, or toxic pollutant. This new edition contains expanded and reviewed information for each chemical listed (including chemicals classified as WMD) and has been updated to keep pace with world events, standards, and regulations. This seventh edition includes over 100 new records, and every single record has been checked and updated as necessary.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780323389686 20171017
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Handbook of toxic and hazardous chemicals and carcinogens
- Toxic and hazardous chemicals and carcinogens
- Related Work
- Sittig, Marshall. Handbook of toxic and hazardous chemicals and carcinogens.
- 0323389686 (set)
- 9780323389686 (set)
- 9780323527736 (v. 1)
- 9780128124253 (v. 2)
- 9780128132715 (v. 3)
Browse related items
Start at call number: