Mathematical models of plant-herbivore interactions
- Zhilan Feng, Donald L. DeAngelis.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 219 pages ; 27 cm.
- Chapman and Hall/CRC mathematical & computational biology series.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QK921 .F46 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I Basic Theory and Simple Models. Introduction. Predator-prey interactions. Overview of some results of plant-herbivore models. Models with Toxin-Determined Functional Response. Part II Applications. Plant quality and plant defenses: Parallels and differences. Herbivore strategies: the role of plant quality and defenses. Plant toxins, Food Chains, and Ecosystems. Fire, Herbivory, Tree Chemical Defense, and Spatial Pattersn in the Boreal Forest. Example of Mathematica Notebooks.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781498769174 20171009
- Publisher's Summary
- Mathematical Models of Plant-Herbivore Interactions addresses mathematical models in the study of practical questions in ecology, particularly factors that affect herbivory, including plant defense, herbivore natural enemies, and adaptive herbivory, as well as the effects of these on plant community dynamics. The result of extensive research on the use of mathematical modeling to investigate the effects of plant defenses on plant-herbivore dynamics, this book describes a toxin-determined functional response model that helps explains field observations of these interactions. This book is intended for graduate students and researchers interested in mathematical biology and ecology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781498769174 20171009
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Chapman & Hall/CRC mathematical and computational biology series
- 9781498769174 hardcover alkaline paper
- 1498769179 hardcover alkaline paper
- 9781498769181 electronic book
- 9781351650175 electronic book
- 9781351640664 electronic book
- 9781315154138 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: