Freshwater turtles of Australia
- John Cann, Ross Sadlier.
- Rodeo, NM : ECO Wear & Publishing, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 448 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), color maps ; 33 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QL666 .C5 C33 2017 F||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Australia is home to a diverse freshwater turtle fauna including more than 25 species and an array of side-necked turtle subspecies. The biology and ecology of Australian freshwater turtles is complex and a number of species are of particular conservation concern. Many affected species are found on Australia's east coast, where the river systems are most heavily modified due to the pressures of development. Freshwater Turtles of Australia is a beautifully illustrated and comprehensive monograph based on John Cann's highly respected Australian Freshwater Turtles (1998). It reviews new information on the biology of Australian chelid turtles, presents recent perspectives and insights into their history and taxonomy, and provides an introduction to the freshwater turtles of New Guinea and Irian Jaya to Australia's north. This landmark work brings together years of research and experience and will serve as an important reference for researchers, academics, and herpetologists for many years to come.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781486308248 20171030
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Illustrations on endpapers.
- Related Work
- Based on (work) Cann, John, 1938- Australian freshwater turtles.
- 9781486308248 hardcover
- 1486308244 hardcover
- 9781938850196 hardcover
- 193885019X hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: