Mathematics and materials
- Mark J. Bowick, David Kinderlehrer, Govind Menon, Charles Radin, editors.
- [Providence, Rhode Island] : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xii, 327 pages ; 27 cm.
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; v. 23.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QC174.7 .M38 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Statistical mechanics > Congresses.
- Materials science > Congresses.
- Statistical mechanics, structure of matter -- Equilibrium statistical mechanics -- Classical equilibrium statistical mechanics (general)
- Partial differential equations -- Equations of mathematical physics and other areas of application -- PDEs in connection with mechanics of particles and systems.
- Statistical mechanics, structure of matter -- Equilibrium statistical mechanics -- Phase transitions (general)
- Mechanics of deformable solids -- Phase transformations in solids -- Crystals.
- Geometry -- Geometry and physics (should also be assigned at least one other classification number from Sections 70--86) -- Geometry and physics (should also be assigned at least one other classification number from Sections 70--86)
- Convex and discrete geometry -- Discrete geometry -- Packing and covering in $n$ dimensions.
- Convex and discrete geometry -- Discrete geometry -- Quasicrystals, aperiodic tilings.
- Materials science.
- Statistical mechanics.
- Publication date
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; volume 23
- "Institute for Advanced Study."
- "Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics."
- "This volume contains lectures presented at the Park City summer school on Mathematics and Materials in July 2014." -- Introduction.
- 9781470429195 hardcover alkaline paper
- 1470429195 hardcover alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: