Weighted inequalities of Hardy type
- Alois Kufner, Lars-Erik Persson, Natasha Samko.
- Second edition.
- New Jersey : World Scientific, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 459 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA295 .K883 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 437-456) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Inequalities play an important role in almost all branches of mathematics as well as in other areas of science and engineering. This book surveys the present state of the theory of weighted integral inequalities of Hardy type, including modifications concerning Hardy-Steklov operators, and some basic results about Hardy type inequalities and their limit (Carleman-Knopp type) inequalities. It also describes some rather new areas such as higher order and fractional order Hardy type inequalities and integral inequalities on the cone of monotone functions, together with some applications and open problems.In this second edition, all chapters in the first edition have been updated with new information. Moreover, a new chapter contains new and complementary information concerning: (a) a convexity approach to prove and explain Hardy type inequalities; (b) sharp constants; (c) scales of inequalities to characterize Hardy type inequalities; (d) Hardy type inequalities in other function spaces with special emphasize on Morrey and Holder type spaces; and (e) a number of new open questions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789813140646 20171002
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9789813140646 hardcover alkaline paper
- 981314064X hardcover alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: