Wild and scenic rivers : an American legacy
- texts and photographs by Tim Palmer.
- Corvalis, OR : Oregon State University Press, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 240 pages ; 24 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH76 .P359 2017||Unknown|
- Palmer, Tim, 1948- author, photographer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The rivers of America flow from mountains, forests, and grasslands with astonishing beauty, essential to all life. Many of the best of these streams have been safeguarded under the National Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 1968--America's premier program for the protection of our finest natural waterways. Wild and Scenic Rivers celebrates this creative conservation initiative with 160 stunning photographs and a lively history involving citizen activists, scientists, dedicated public officials, and enlightened political leaders. As the 50th anniversary of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers Act approaches, award-winning author and photographer Tim Palmer illuminates the values of this irreplaceable system of free-flowing streams, probes its problems, and addresses its future. With a depth of experience dating almost to the inception of the wild and scenic rivers program, Palmer has captured the splendor and essence of our most extraordinary rivers with his camera, and he has told their remarkable story as no one else could do.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780870718977 20171002
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780870718977 hardcover
- 0870718975 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: