Basic graph theory
- Md. Saidur Rahman.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- x, 169 pages ; 24 cm.
- Undergraduate topics in computer science.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA166 .R34 2017||Unknown|
- Rahman, Md. Saidur, 1966- author.
- Preface.- Graphs and Their Applications.- Basic Graph Terminologies.- Paths, Cycles and Connectivity's.- Trees.- Matching and Covering.- Planar Graphs.- Graph Coloring.- Digraphs.- Special Classes of Graphs.- Some Research Topics.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319494746 20171121
- Publisher's Summary
- This undergraduate textbook provides an introduction to graph theory, which has numerous applications in modeling problems in science and technology, and has become a vital component to computer science, computer science and engineering, and mathematics curricula of universities all over the world. The author follows a methodical and easy to understand approach. Beginning with the historical background, motivation and applications of graph theory, the author first explains basic graph theoretic terminologies. From this firm foundation, the author goes on to present paths, cycles, connectivity, trees, matchings, coverings, planar graphs, graph coloring and digraphs as well as some special classes of graphs together with some research topics for advanced study. Filled with exercises and illustrations, Basic Graph Theory is a valuable resource for any undergraduate student to understand and gain confidence in graph theory and its applications to scientific research, algorithms and problem solving.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319494746 20171121
- Graph theory.
- Publication date
- Undergraduate topics in computer science
- 3319494740 paperback
- 9783319494746 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: