Campbell biology : concepts & connections
- Martha R. Taylor, Ithaca, New York, Eric J. Simon, New England College, Jean L. Dickey, Clemson University, Kelly Hogan, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Jane B. Reece, Berkeley, California.
- Ninth edition.
- New York, NY : Pearson, 
- Physical description
- xxxix, 783 pages, 97 variously numbered pages ; 29 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH308.2 .B56448 2018||Ask at circulation desk|
- Taylor, Martha R., author.
- Simon, Eric J. (Eric Jeffrey), 1967- author.
- Dickey, Jean, author.
- Hogan, Kelly A. (Senior STEM lecturer in biology), author.
- Reece, Jane B., author.
- 1. Biology: Exploring Life I. THE LIFE OF THE CELL 2. The Chemical Basis of Life 3. The Molecules of Cells 4. A Tour of the Cell 5. The Working Cell 6. How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy 7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food II. CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS 8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance 9. Patterns of Inheritance 10. Molecular Biology of the Gene 11. How Genes Are Controlled 12. DNA Technology and Genomics III. CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION 13. How Populations Evolve 14. The Origin of Species 15. Tracing Evolutionary History IV. THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY 16. Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists 17. The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity 18. The Evolution of Invertebrate Diversity 19. The Evolution of Vertebrate Diversity V. ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION 20. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function 21. Nutrition and Digestion 22. Gas Exchange 23. Circulation 24. The Immune System 25. Control of Body Temperature and Water Balance 26. Hormones and the Endocrine System 27. Reproduction and Embryonic Development 28. Nervous Systems 29. The Senses 30. How Animals Move VI. PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION 31. Plant Structure, Growth, and Reproduction 32. Plant Nutrition and Transport 33. Control Systems in Plants VII. ECOLOGY 34. The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth's Diverse Environments 35. Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment 36. Population Ecology 37. Communities and Ecosystems 38. Conservation Biology Appendix 1 Metric Conversion Table Appendix 2 The Periodic Table Appendix 3 The Amino Acids of Proteins Appendix 4 Chapter Review Answers Appendix 5 Credits Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134296012 20171009
- Publisher's Summary
- Intended for non-majors or mixed biology courses. A conceptual framework for understanding the world of biology Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections continues to introduce pedagogical innovations, which motivate students not only to learn, but also engage with biology. This bestselling textbook is designed to help students stay focused with its hallmark modular organization around central concepts and engages students in connections between concepts and the world outside of the classroom with Scientific Thinking, Evolution Connection and Connection essays in every chapter. The 9th Edition offers students a framework organized around fundamental biological themes and encourages them to analyze visual representations of data with new Visualizing the Data figures. A reorganized Chapter One emphasizes the process of science and scientific reasoning, and robust instructor resources and multimedia allow students to engage with biological concepts in a memorable way. Unparalleled resources let instructors develop active and high interest lectures with ease. The book and Mastering(TM) Biology work together to help students practice making these connections throughout their text. Also available with Mastering Biology Mastering(TM) Biology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced activities that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, many of them created by the Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections authors, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. New Mastering Biology activities for this edition include "Key Topic Overview" videos that help students efficiently review key topics outside of class, "Evaluating Science in the Media" activities that help students to build science literacy skills, and more "Visualizing the Concept" animated videos help students further visualize and understand complex biological processes. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering(TM) Biology does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Mastering Biology, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering Biology, search for: 0134240685 / 9780134240688 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections Plus Mastering Biology with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: *0134536266 / 9780134536262 Mastering Biology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections*013429601X / 9780134296012 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134296012 20171009
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Includes index.
- 9780134296012 hardcover
- 013429601X hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: