Bioinformatics in microRNA research
- editors Jingshan Huang, Glen M. Borchert, Dejing Dou, Jun (Luke) Huan, Wenjun Lan, Ming Tan, Bin Wu.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Physical description
- x, 285 pages : illustratons (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Springer protocols (Series)
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1617.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1617||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- MicroRNAs, long noncoding RNAs, and their functions in human disease / Min Xue, Ying Zhuo, and Bin Shan
- MicroRNA expression : protein participants in microRNA regulation / Valeria M. King and Glen M. Borchert
- Viral microRNAs, host microRNAs regulating viruses, and bacterial microRNA-like RNAs / Sara-Elizabeth Cardin and Glen M. Borchert
- MicroRNAs : biomarkers, diagnostics, and therapeutics / Weili Huang
- Relational databases and biomedical big data / N.H. Nisansa D. de Silva
- Semantic technologies and bio-ontologies / Fernando Gutierrez
- Genome-wide analysis of microRNA-regulated transcripts / David Chevalier and Glen M. Borchert
- Computational prediction of microRNA target genes, target prediction databases, and web resources / Justin T. Roberts and Glen M. Borchert
- Exploring microRNA : target regulatory interactions by computing technologies / Yue Hu, Wenjun Lan, and Daniel Miller
- Limitations of existing approaches in improving microRNA target prediction accuracy / Rasiah Loganantharaj and Thomas A. Randall
- Genomic regulation of microRNA expression in disease development / Feng Liu
- Next-generation sequencing for microRNA expression profile / Yue Hu, Wenjun Lan, and Daniel Miller
- Handling high-dimension (high-feature) microRNA data / Yue Hu, Wenjun Lan, and Daniel Miller
- Effective removal of noisy data via batch effect processing / Ryan G. Benton
- Logical reasoning (inferencing) on microRNA data / Jingsong Wang
- Machine learning techniques in exploring microRNA gene discovery, targets, and functions / Sumi Singh, Ryan G. Benton, Anurag Singh, and Anshuman Singh
- Involvement of microRNAs in diabetes and its complications / Bin Wu and Daniel Miller
- MicroRNA regulatory networks as biomarkers in obesity : the emerging role / Lihua Zhang, Daniel Miller, Qiuping Yang, and Bin Wu
- Expression of microRNAs in thyroid carcinoma / Gaohong Zhu, Lijun Xie, and Daniel Miller.
- Publisher's Summary
- This thorough volume provides an in-depth introduction to and discussion of microRNAs (miRs) and their targets, miR functions, and computational techniques applied in miR research, thus serving the need for a comprehensive book focusing on miR target genes, miR regulation mechanisms, miR functions performed in various human diseases, and miR databases/knowledgebases. Without prior knowledge of the area of study, computational biologists, computer scientists, bioinformaticians, bench biologists, as well as clinical investigators will find it easy to follow the techniques in this collection. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include the kind of detailed implementation advice that ensures successful results. Accessible and practical, Bioinformatics in MicroRNA Research functions as an ideal guide for researchers of all backgrounds to explore this vital area of study.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493970445 20170821
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1617
- Springer Protocols
- 9781493970445 hardcover
- 1493970445 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: