Protein function prediction : methods and protocols
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1611||Unknown|
- Kihara, Daisuke, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Using PFP and ESG protein function prediction web servers / Qing Wei, Joshua McGraw, Ishita Khan, and Daisuke Kihara
- GHOSTX : a fast sequence homology search tool for functional annotation of metagenomic data / Shuji Suzuki, Takashi Ishida, Masahito Ohue, Masanori Kakuta, and Yutaka Akiyama
- From gene annotation to function prediction for metagenomics / Fatemeh Sharifi and Yuzhen Ye
- Agile functional analysis of metagenomic data using SUPER-FOCUS / Genivaldo Gueiros Z. Silva, Fabyano A.C. Lopes, and Robert A. Edwards
- MPFit : computational tool for predicting moonlighting proteins / Ishita Khan, Joshua McGraw, and Daisuke Kihara
- Predicting secretory proteins with SignalP / Henrik Nielsen
- ProFunc function prediction server / Roman A. Laskowski
- G-LoSA for prediction of protein-ligand binding sites and structures / Hui Sun Lee and Wonpil Im
- Local alignment of ligand binding sites in Proteins for polypharmacology and drug repositioning / Michal Brylinski
- WATsite2.0 with PyMOL plugin : hydration site prediction and visualization / Ying Yang, Bingjie Hu, and Markus A. Lill
- Enzyme annotation and metabolic reconstruction using KEGG / Minoru Kanehisa
- Ortholog identification and comparative analysis of microbial genomes using MBGD and RECOG / Ikuo Uchiyama
- Exploring protein function using the Saccharomyces genome database / Edith D. Wong
- Network-based gene function prediction in mouse and other model vertebrates using MouseNet server / Eiru Kim and Insuk Lee
- FANTOM5 computation ecosystem : genomic information hub for promoters and active enhancers / Imad Abugessaisa, Shuhei Noguchi, Piero Carninci, and Takeya Kasukawa
- Multi-algorithm particle simulations with spatiocyte / Satya N.V. Arjunan and Koichi Takahashi.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume presents established bioinformatics tools and databases for function prediction of proteins. Reflecting the diversity of this active field in bioinformatics, the chapters in this book discuss a variety of tools and resources such as sequence-, structure-, systems-, and interaction-based function prediction methods, tools for functional analysis of metagenomics data, detecting moonlighting-proteins, sub-cellular localization prediction, and pathway and comparative genomics databases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, step-by-step instructions of how to use software and web resources, use cases, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Thorough and cutting-edge, Protein Function Prediction: Methods and Protocols is a valuable and practical guide for using bioinformatics tools for investigating protein function.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493970131 20170821
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1611
- Springer protocols
- 9781493970155 (eBook)
- 1493970151 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: