Lipidomics : methods and protocols
- edited by Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 281 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1609.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1609||Unknown|
- Bhattacharya, Sanjoy K. (Professor of ophthalmology), editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lipid sample preparation for biomedical research / Ravin Sajnani and Katyayini Aribindi
- Lipid extraction techniques for stable isotope analysis and ecological assays / Kyle H. Elliott, James D. Roth, and Kevin Crook
- Isolation of lipid raft proteins from CD133+ cancer stem cells / Vineet K. Gupta and Sulagna Banerjee
- Isolation of neuronal synaptic membranes by sucrose gradient centrifugation / Blake R. Hopiavuori, Dustin R. Masser, Joseph L. Wilkerson, Richard S. Brush, Nawajes A. Mandal, Robert E. Anderson, and Willard M. Freeman
- Sample preparation and analysis for imaging mass spectrometry / Genea Edwards, Annia Mesa, Robert I. Vazquez-Padron, Jane-Marie Kowalski, and Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya
- Direct measurement of free and esterified cholesterol mass in differentiated human podocytes : a TLC and enzymatic assay-based method / Christopher E. Pedigo, Sandra M. Merscher, and Alessia Fornoni
- High-performance chromatographic separation of cerebrosides / Renaud Sicard and Ralf Landgraf
- Lipid identification by untargeted tandem mass spectrometry coupled with ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography / Gabriel B. Gugiu
- Utility of moderate and high-resolution mass spectrometry for class-specific lipid identification and quantification / Maria del Carmen Piqueras
- Robust lipidomics workflow for mammalian cells, plasma, and tissue using liquid-chromatography high-resolution tandem mass spectrometry / Candice Z. Ulmer, Rainey E. Patterson, Jeremy P. Koelmel, Timothy J. Garrett, and Richard A. Yost
- Combined use of MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and 31P NMR spectroscopy for analysis of phospholipids / Jenny Schröter, Yulia Popkova, Rosmarie Süss, and Jürgen Schiller
- Global monitoring of the mammalian lipidome by quantitative shotgun lipidomics / Inger Ødum Nielsen, Kenji Maeda, and Mesut Bilgin
- Bioinformatics pertinent to lipid analysis in biological samples / Justin Ma, Ulises Arbelo, Yenifer Guerra, Katyayini Aribindi, Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya, and Daniel Pelaez
- LC-MS-based lipidomics and automated identification of lipids using the LipidBlast in-silico MS/MS library / Tomas Cajka and Oliver Fiehn
- Single-step capture and targeted metabolomics of alkyl-quinolones in outer membrane vesicles of Pseudomonas aeruginosa / Pallavi Lahiri and Dipankar Ghosh
- Analysis of fatty acid and cholesterol content from detergent-resistant and detergent-free membrane microdomains / Mark E. McClellan and Michael H. Elliott
- Computational functional analysis of lipid metabolic enzymes / Carolina Bagnato, Arjen Ten Have, María B. Prados, and María V. Beligni
- Isoprenylation of monomeric GTPases in human trabecular meshwork cells / Evan B. Stubbs Jr.
- Purification and validation of lipid transfer proteins / Matti A. Kjellberg, Anders P.E. Backman, Anna Möuts, and Peter Mattjus
- Incorporation of artificial lipid-anchored proteins into cultured mammalian cells / Rania Leventis and John R. Silvius
- Sonication-based basic protocol for liposome synthesis / Roberto Mendez and Santanu Banerjee
- On electrochemical methods for determination of protein-lipid interaction / Zhiping Hu and Yanli Mao
- Angiogenesis model of cornea to understand the role of sphingosine 1-Phosphate / Joseph L. Wilkerson and Nawajes A. Mandal.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume explores lipidomics through protocols that focus on areas of utility, techniques, and bioinformatics advancements. The protocols in this book cover topics such as isolation of specific membranes and specialized fractionation of subcellular compartments, and computational and functional analysis of lipid metabolizing enzymes. Each protocol also discusses methods of dealing with fractionated organelles-cells to whole organisms. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Lipidomics: Methods and Protocols is a useful and valuable resource for biochemists, molecular biologists, and neuroscientists interested in neurology, ophthalmology and vision sciences, as well as mass spectrometrists with interest in disease discovery.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781493969951 20170821
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1609
Browse related items
Start at call number: