The Destruction of Hillary Clinton
- Susan Bordo.
- Brooklyn : Melville House, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 244 pages ; 24 cm
- Bordo, Susan, 1947- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-233) and index.
- Timeline of Key Events
- 1. Dilemmas of the Female Politician
- 2. The "Woman Card" Moves to the Bottom of the Deck
- 3. Bernie Sanders and the "Millennials"
- 4. "Untrustworthy Hillary"
- 5. Damned Emails
- 6. A Tale of Two Conventions, and One Hot Mic
- 7. Coup d'Etat.
- "A play-by-play of the political forces (both right and left) and media culture that vilified Hillary Clinton during her 2016 Presidential campaign, from cultural critic and feminist scholar Susan Bordo. The Destruction of Hillary Clintonis an answer to the question we've all been asking: How did an extraordinarily well-qualified, experienced, and admired candidate--whose victory would have been as historic as Barack Obama's--come to be seen as a tool of the establishment, a chronic liar, and a talentless politician? In this masterful narrative of the 2016 campaign year, Susan Bordo unpacks the right-wing assault on Clinton and her reputation, the way the left provoked the suspicion and indifference of a younger generation, and the unprecedented influence of the media. Urgent, insightful, and engrossing,The Destruction of Hillary Clinton is an essential guide to understanding the most controversial presidential election in American history"-- Provided by publisher.
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham > Public opinion.
- Women presidential candidates > United States > History > 21st century.
- Presidential candidates > United States > History > 21st century.
- Presidents > United States > Election > 2016.
- Women > Political activity > United States > History > 21st century.
- Right and left (Political science) > United States > History > 21st century.
- Sexism in political culture > United States > History > 21st century.
- Mass media > Political aspects > United States > History > 21st century.
- Public opinion > United States > History > 21st century.
- United States > Politics and government > 2009-2017.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781612196633 (hardback)
- 1612196632 (hardback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: