- TVE International ; BBC Worldwide ; produced and directed by Charles Stewart.
- English, Arabic. In English and Arabic with English voiceovers.
- [Oley, Pennsylvania] : [Distributed by] Bullfrog Films, 
- Physical description
- 1 streaming video file (24 min.) : digital, sound, color.
- Life (Bullfrog Films) ; 23.
- Stewart, Charles, 1937- film producer, film director.
- Kyriacou, Sotira, editor of moving image work.
- Gawin, Luke, film producer.
- Richards, Jenny (Film producer), film producer.
- Lamb, Robert, 1952-2012, editor of moving image work.
- Briers, Lucy, narrator.
- Saʻd, ʻĀṭif, on-screen participant.
- Tayar, Yehudit, on-screen participant.
- Lerner, Peter, on-screen participant.
- Stein, Yael, on-screen participant.
- Halper, Jeff, on-screen participant.
- Bar-On, Eli, on-screen participant.
- Pacheco, Allegra, on-screen participant.
- Bullfrog Films.
- BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- Television Trust for the Environment.
- Khaled is just one of 10,000 Palestinian refugees who live in Dieheshais, one of the cramped refugee camps in Bethlehem. 'It's the holiest place in the world, ' he says, 'but it's the worst now for human rights. I can't leave, I can't work, I can't talk even, I can't do anything I want.' Like Khaled, other refugees in Disheshais live lives of quiet desperation -- wanting simply to return to their homes, to work, to have the chance to lead a full life. In 1948, during the war that accompanied the founding of the Israeli state, thousands of Palestinian refugees fled to neighboring countries. Some twenty years later, in 1967, the Israelis fought what they regarded as a defensive war -- and occupied the West Bank of Jordan and the Gaza Strip. As a result there are now 1.3 million Palestinian refugees living under Israeli control, and denied many human rights guaranteed to all people under international laws.
- Globalization > Social aspects.
- Palestinian Arabs > Civil rights > West Bank.
- Palestinian Arabs > Civil rights > Gaza Strip.
- Palestinian Arabs > Gaza Strip > Social conditions.
- Palestinian Arabs > Gaza Strip > Economic conditions.
- Palestinian Arabs > West Bank > Social conditions.
- Palestinian Arabs > West Bank > Economic conditions.
- Human rights > Gaza Strip.
- Human rights > West Bank.
- Discrimination in housing > West Bank.
- Discrimination in housing > Gaza Strip.
- Discrimination in employment > West Bank.
- Discrimination in employment > Gaza Strip.
- Palestinian Arabs > Employment > West Bank.
- Palestinian Arabs > Employment > Gaza Strip.
- Israel > Ethnic relations.
- Release date
- Production date
- Life ; 23
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by: TVE International, ©2000.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Production Credits
- Editor, Sotira Kyriacou ; executive producer, Jenny Richards ; series producer, Luke Gawin ; series editor, Robert Lamb.
- Narrator, Lucy Briers ; with Atef Sad, Yehudit Tayar, Peter Lerner, Yael Stein, Jeff Halper, Eli Bar-On, Allegra Pacheco.
- 7 and up.
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Publisher Number
- bf-lswr Docuseek2