Waiting to go
- [produced by] TVE ; producer, Di Tatham ; director, Charles Stewart.
- English, Arabic. Narration in English with some speaking in Arabic with English voiceovers.
- [Oley, Pennsylvania] : [Distributed by] Bullfrog Films, 
- Physical description
- 1 streaming video file (27 min.) : digital, sound, color.
- City life (Bullfrog Films) ; pt. 11.
- Tatham, Di, film producer.
- Stewart, Charles, 1937- film director.
- Sutton, Lee, editor of moving image work.
- Gawin, Luke, film producer.
- Richards, Jenny (Film producer), editor of moving image work.
- Briers, Lucy, narrator.
- Television Trust for the Environment.
- BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- Bullfrog Films.
- This program from the City Life series is set in Lebanon, where (according to the UN) there are three hundred seventy-five thousand Palestinian refugees. Palestinians are unwanted in Israel, but in war-torn, sectarian Lebanon, among fellow Arabs, they hardly fare better, and most live in poverty. Barred from working, they also have limited access to medical care and higher education. For refugees living in South Lebanon, a degree qualifies a person to pick oranges, at a salary of US $6.30 a day. South Lebanon's refugees are even prohibited from rebuilding their houses. Those who can get out of Lebanon go to Europe, Canada, or the USA -- but they never give up hope of returning to their villages in Palestine. Adding insult to injury, a recent law enacted in Lebanon prohibits Palestinians from owning property -- though people from any other recognized state have that right. But Palestinians do not have a state: they are officially stateless.
- Release date
- Production date
- City life ; 11
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by: TVE, ©2001; previously released in 2002.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Production Credits
- Editor, Lee Sutton ; series producer, Luke Gawin ; series editor, Jenny Richards.
- Commentator: Lucy Briers.
- 7 and up.
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Publisher Number
- bf-clwait Docuseek2