All different, all equal
- produced and co-ordinated by Di Tatham ; TVE.
- English, Multiple languages. In English and various languages with English voiceovers.
- [Oley, Pennsylvania] : [Distributed by] Bullfrog Films, 
- Physical description
- 1 streaming video file (24 min.) : digital, sound, color.
- Life (Bullfrog Films) ; 11.
- This video looks at progress in achieving greater equality for women--five years after the Beijing Conference on Women. Government delegations in Beijing pledged themselves to tackle increasing violence against women. But in South Africa, the police and judiciary still don't regard rape and domestic violence as serious crimes--with only one in 20 rapists receiving a conviction, and the punishment for wife-killing equal to that of fraud. In Lithuania, violence takes a more subtle form, with economic hardship forcing many young women into the hands of unscrupulous traffickers who sell women into the sex industry in Europe and the Far East. This program also analyzes the soaring rate of teenage pregnancies in Scotland, while aging populations in Brazil and the UK mean that more and more old people live out the final years of their lives in poverty.
- Globalization > Social aspects.
- Globalization > Economic aspects.
- World Conference on Women.
- Women's rights.
- Women > Social conditions.
- Women > Crimes against.
- Sex discrimination against women.
- Women political activists > Interviews.
- Women political activists > Northern Ireland.
- Women political activists > Nigeria.
- Women > Brazil > Economic conditions.
- Release date
- Production date
- Life ; 11
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by: TVE International, ©2000.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Production Credits
- Series producer, Luke Gawin ; editor, Sotira Kyriacou ; music, The Definitive Break.
- Commentary: May Blood, Jane Morrice, Monica McWilliams, Nafis Sadik, Terri Harriman, Nazhat Shameem, Emily Loughnan, Marian Hobbs, Marietjie Fourie, Ona Gustiene, Margareta Rosengren, Ulla Hoffman.
- 7 and up.
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Publisher Number
- bf-lsadae Docuseek2