The lime : botany, production and uses
- edited by M. Mumtaz Khan, Rashid Al-Yahyai, and Fahad Al-Said.
- Boston, MA : CABI, c2017.
- Physical description
- xiv, 221 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 24 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SB370 .L5 L56 2017||Unknown|
- Khan, M. Mumtaz, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1: Introduction and Overview of Lime2: Systematic Classification, Distribution and Botany3: Advances in Lime Breeding and Genetics4: Growth, Development and Reproductive Physiology of the Mexican Lime (Citrus aurantifolia Christm (Swingle))5: Propagation and Nursery Certification6: Planning and Orchard Establishment7: Irrigation and Fertilization Management in Lime Trees8: Cultural Practices9: Precision Agriculture in Lime: Potential for Application of Precision Agriculture Technologies in Lime Cropping Systems10: Plant Protection: Lime Diseases and Insect Pests11: Innovative Production Technologies12: Harvesting and Post-harvest Management13: Traditional/Commercial Uses and Future Dynamics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780647845 20170907
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a comprehensive and up-to-date resource covering the botany, production and uses of limes. The lime is an important fruit crop throughout citrus producing regions of the world, with its own specific benefits, culture and marketplace, but producers face issues affecting successful cultivation and production. The Lime: Botany, Production and Uses contains detailed information on: * Breeding, genetics and biodiversity of limes * Orchard establishment, management and precision agriculture * Pests and diseases, including the latest knowledge regarding current threats such as Witches' Broom Disease and Citrus Greening * Harvesting and postharvest management * Traditional and commercial uses of limes Authored by an international team of experts and presented in full colour throughout, this book is an essential resource for academic researchers and specialist extension workers, in addition to growers and producers involved in the citrus industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780647845 20170907
- Publication date
- 9781780647845 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 1780647840 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9781780647869 (epub)
- 1780647867 (epub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: