Georgian Bay : discovering a unique North American ecosystem
- edited by Nick Eyles.
- Markham, ON ; Brighton, Massachusetts : Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 275 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour), maps (chiefly colour) ; 24 x 31 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH77 .C2 G46 2017 F||Unknown|
- Eyles, Nick, 1952- author, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-271).
- Georgian Bay rocks : two billion years in the making / Nick Eyles
- The ice ages come to Georgian Bay / Nick Eyles
- The unique freshwater ecosystems of Georgian Bay / Karl Schiefer
- The ups and downs of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay / Nick Eyles
- Large mammals of Georgian Bay / Susan Hannon
- Georgian Bay birds / Bob Whittam
- The peopling of Georgian Bay during the last ice age / Peter Storck
- Farmers, fishers, hunters and traders
- indigenous communities on Georgian Bay / Ron Williamson and Martin Cooper
- Where rocks rule
- the settler experience in Georgian Bay / Nick Eyles
- The evolving Georgian Bay forests / Jamie Hunter
- Collingwood and the Blue Mountain
- portrait of a changing Georgian Bay community / Andrew Miall
- Art of Georgian Bay / Christine Boyanoski
- Conserving the unique ecosystems of Georgian Bay / Bill Lougheed.
- ["\"A project of the Georgian Bay Land Trust, this book focuses on the preservation of the unique features of the Georgian Bay ecosystem.\"--", "Provided by publisher."]
- Included Work
- Schiefer, Karl. Unique freshwater ecosystems of Georgian Bay.
- Biotic communities > Ontario > Georgian Bay (Bay)
- Ecosystem management > Ontario > Georgian Bay (Bay)
- Georgian Bay (Ont. : Bay) > Environmental conditions.
- Biocénoses > Ontario > Géorgienne, Baie.
- Écosystèmes > Gestion > Ontario > Géorgienne, Baie.
- Géorgienne, Baie (Ont.) > Conditions environnementales.
- Biotic communities.
- Ecosystem management.
- Lake Huron > Georgian Bay.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Text and pictures selected from a group of scientists, historians, artists, writers, and photographers.
- 9781554553815 (hardcover)
- 1554553814 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: